Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Hires at Jetblue.... please.........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to be clear, when you say, "I will never expect to have the compensation that the legacies have". Are you talking about their "career value" factoring in their widebodies, or are you saying you're okay with flying similar gauge aircraft at a discount, ie Airbus to Airbus? Not trying to needle you, I'm honestly wondering about your point of view. How does Southwest's pay factor into your assessment?

SWA is the exception to the rule and that's why I would consider an in house union, even at a greater cost. I think it would be hard to see airbus to airbus comparison but it's all the other benefits that really add up and would only come by the subsidies provided by a regional. Closer expectations could be comparing JB to Airtran. They had ALPA. Why weren't they compensated like a legacy?

What about Alaska and Hawaiian?

why don't you work there if you think it is so much better? I still believe Airtran is a closer comparison. Those companies have more of a monopoly where they operate. You can get paid better in Dubai as well but I don't see you going there.

Last edited:
Closer expectations could be comparing JB to Airtran. They had ALPA. Why weren't they compensated like a legacy?
Airtran had an inhouse for 95% of their adult life. Why are you just repeating the last page of the story?.

After Airtran joined ALPA its first contract paid 717 drivers higher than the DR A320 drivers with contractual retirement benefits etc.

We get it you hate ALPA and only find fault in ALPA. Your life at ASA had zero to do with a transitory pilot group who only started at ASA with the intent to leave ASAP. Not much can be gained with a pilot group that does not want to stay around.

Jetblue is supposed to be a career airline. It was our leadership that wanted a comparison to the 'Peer Set". They wanted average compensation compared to our peers. We provided the data - PCRB report. The company basically told us to pound sand - PCRB Action Plan. The JBPA started. Our leadership said: "we screwed up" "give us one more chance" . We did we and have gone backwards. This pilot group has been played. Now you are here with zero perspective about who you work for NOW. Enjoy what the bottom of jetblue has to offer. I'm sure you will as it seems that you have already decided that nothing is worth banding together and improving since some external factor prevents it or jetblue is just leading the concession curve.

Dude, it is you!

Last edited:
why don't you work there if you think it is so much better? I still believe Airtran is a closer comparison. Those companies have more of a monopoly where they operate. You can get paid better in Dubai as well but I don't see you going there.

At least promise us this. Keep your ears, eyes, and mind open while in training and afterwards when you get on the line. The environment in the training department is utopian and doesn't mirror the reality of day-to-day operations. Pay very close attention to the difference between what the ELT says and what the ELT actually does.

We shall see. At this time I don't feel like paying thousands of dollars to an organization that refuses to reverse the scope problem. regional outsourcing is arguably the biggest concession to the pilot profession. If they decide to reconnect with their mission statement I may reconsider.

Zero perspective about where you work.

Under your agreement Jetblue can outsource all flying to an alter ego: A320 and E190. Jetblue can code share on any new route on any sized aircraft from B-1900 to 777. DAL scope is a freaking wind fall for this pilot group.

Last edited:
Zero perspective where you work.

Under your agreement Jetblue can outsource all flying to an alter ego: A320 and E190. Jetblue can code share on any new route on any sized aircraft from B-1900 to 777. DAL scope is a freaking wind fall for this pilot group.

they can but they won't. The only reason regionals have grown to the size they have is to control the unions. Do you really think a company wants to give away half of it's business. The quickest way to lose the 190 flying is to get a union. Why would they do it now? They can just adjust the rate without becoming contractually obligated to another company.

Scope relief is a grand consirpacy? Who can argue with someone with that core belief.

When Jetblue owns an alter ego that is branded Jetblue or JetBlack it has not given away anything. The cash flow is still owned by Jetblue, Inc. According to Jetblue the E190 is over compensated and there are rumors that ELT wants the aircraft gone. You are aircraft locked for 2 years, BTW with no fragmentation language in your PEA or FSM or 5 documents.

Read your company email from EVP of Flight Operations. Jetblue wants to code share domestically on large aircraft. Not CRJs but A320s and 767 etc. DAL scope is a wind fall for this pilot group. You have no idea what you just signed up for.

Latest resources

Back