• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Flexjet Base ONT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New hires can go wherever they want. However, I am sure that if you wanted to live in CA your chances would be better for being hired.

Is it a base or a gateway; do you actually start trips in your base or do they airline you to where the plane is?

My company runs the FBO at ONT where FlexJet's new West Coast maintenance base will be operating. The mechanics are still moving in at this time.

We were told that ONT is not yet a pilot gateway for FlexJet, but that it possibly would become one after the maintenance base gets set up.

Have Flex pilots been told something different than this?

Flexjet already has a few pilots with an Ontario gateway who are airlining and operating a/c in and out of the L.A. area. I've seen them with my own two eyes and read it on paper; its a done deal. The maintenance part of it will be up and running soon. The gateway is geographically fairly large and the commute times are varied depending on the airports involved. But it is a pretty exciting development for Flexjet pilots looking to live places other than the New York, Fort Lauderdale or Dallas. (Don't get me wrong, I love Texas but the wife doesn't want to move to Dallas, at least not yet.)

I am not familiar with how things are done at HR regarding hiring currently and I imagine it might be different from when I was hired. But I would guess that highlighting skills or experiences that are unusual or out of the mainstream from your normal pilot resume would be a good thing. Think about it; every company, not just Flexjet has a zillion resumes on file and more coming in. Consider what will separate you from the crowd? Total time and types aren't in short supply anymore, at least for the near term. My bet would be that foreign language skills would be helpful; we unpredictably go to places where French and Spanish are often spoken locally and many of our passengers are fluent in different languages. Maybe one worked at resort in college; individual owner hospitality is part of the job. Maybe one has received medical training in the past, thats always a plus. Its not enough just to be a safe, experienced pilot anymore; unfortunately there are plenty of those without jobs right now. Past experiences that reflect exceptional people skills are almost a pre-requisite. I can't think of further examples off hand but they are out there.

Latest resources

Back