• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Emirates order....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When will EK switch over to the new, bigger Dubai airport to accommodate a lot of these new aircraft? I've heard capacity is real tight at the existing Dubai airport.

I know you may like to think you're the centre of the planet but the USA accounts for less than 5% of the world's population. EK has plenty of places to go you sad narcissist.

And 38 percent of the market place in aviation d---- a----

but again koolaide and camels

FT3

I know you may like to think you're the centre of the planet but the USA accounts for less than 5% of the world's population. EK has plenty of places to go you sad narcissist.

Wow, struck a nerve... Anyway, you are correct. Even though the US has more traveling passengers than most countries (maybe not China), it is highly desirable to attain slots and gates, and US airlines are very protective. Same with LHR and other busy European airports.

Watching the new aircraft orders coming out of the Gulf is impressive. But, 5 or 6 airlines all around a 200 mile radius with big massive hubs?? (Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Muscat, Kuwait, Sharjah, etc). How can they all coexist? A fare war to attract the same people connecting would be troublesome. They are all going after the same East to West and vice versa traffic, because other than laborers and some very rich people, not many want to go to a very hot place like the Gulf. Arizona heat plus Florida humidity. No thanks! I predict tough times eventually.

I think you guys should build new hubs in the darkest part of Africa. How about Yauonde, Cameroon? Now there is a place you can throw 30 A380s and hit all of the other big African cities. I bet there will be NO problem attaining gates or slots there....

Bye Bye---General Lee

When will EK switch over to the new, bigger Dubai airport to accommodate a lot of these new aircraft? I've heard capacity is real tight at the existing Dubai airport.

Rod,

I predict Bamako, Mali or Yaounde, Cameroon as their next big hub. Even though ATC probably is weak or non existant, 30 daily A380 flights should be no problem. Space them out one every 45 mins.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Damascus, Tripoli and even Cairo recently were considered "safe" cities.....

Wait til the extremists start pushing their weight around Dubai.....the western traveler will drop those airlines quick!

I don't understand, who cares what percentage the US is to the world population? How about a comparison of people who can actually afford tickets? 20% of the population in east Europe and Central Asia live on less then $2 a day, 50% of sub Sahara Africa lives on less then $1 a day, 25% of North Africa/middle east live on less then $2 a day, 85% of south east Asia lives on less then $2 a day and 50% of east Asia/pacific lives on less then $2 a day. The homeless guy on the corner of I45 and FM1960 here in Houston has a better chance of getting a ticket then these people in the other regions.

I don't understand, who cares what percentage the US is to the world population? How about a comparison of people who can actually afford tickets? 20% of the population in east Europe and Central Asia live on less then $2 a day, 50% of sub Sahara Africa lives on less then $1 a day, 25% of North Africa/middle east live on less then $2 a day, 85% of south east Asia lives on less then $2 a day and 50% of east Asia/pacific lives on less then $2 a day. The homeless guy on the corner of I45 and FM1960 here in Houston has a better chance of getting a ticket then these people in the other regions.

See this where numbers seem to get the best of Americans. These areas you pointed out are home to around 4 billion people. Even if only 20%(it's higher than that) can afford to fly once/year, that's still 800,000,000 people. 267% the size of the US. All within 6-7 hours flight of DXB and DXB just happens to be situated in the most advantageous location. The US carriers can't compete not because of product, labor rules or pricing, it's location, location, location...... You can't convince people to buy another widget when they already have one. Especially when the quality of your widget is subpar. Many of these areas are of course poor but fly on BA, KLM, Lufthansa, EK, etc. through Africa and you will be amazed at how full first and business class is. The top duty free destination worldwide on all airlines that fly there is Lagos. Go figure.

look at it this way, 2.5 aircraft needed per each ULR destination in America. 8 more US destinations, that's 20 777X's needs just for one daily flight. You do 3 daily, that is 60 777X's needed. It adds up quick.

Rod,

I predict Bamako, Mali or Yaounde, Cameroon as their next big hub. Even though ATC probably is weak or non existant, 30 daily A380 flights should be no problem. Space them out one every 45 mins.

Bye Bye---General Lee

once again, sarcasm if the lowest form of intelligence.

Latest resources

Back