• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta TA 06/2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And to think, Genny was sure the Delta MEC would crap gold with this contract. Looks more like a steaming turd the longer it sits on the table. RA is definitely trying to outmaneuver you guys. Way too many concessions.

Ask United how JV relief and OE staffing changes worked out.

A SWAhole lecturing other people about contracts. Classic.

A SWAhole lecturing other people about contracts. Classic.

My comment wasn't directed at you PCL because it's the DL pilots contract to vote on. I don't see the appeal, but again their choice.

So yea, one Southwest pilot giving an opinion (with a contract that has no JV, no CRJ's, no codesharing) versus an opinion from a non-pilot toolbag. Doesn't that double wide you just listed need another coat of paint?

Never listed a doublewide, so I wouldn't know. I do have double your paycheck, though. :laugh:

And to think, Genny was sure the Delta MEC would crap gold with this contract. Looks more like a steaming turd the longer it sits on the table. RA is definitely trying to outmaneuver you guys. Way too many concessions.

Ask United how JV relief and OE staffing changes worked out.

I never said that Red. I think everyone hoped, especially with the great negotiating climate everyone is under now, that there would be a great result. That just isn't the case.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I never said that Red. I think everyone hoped, especially with the great negotiating climate everyone is under now, that there would be a great result. That just isn't the case.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Fair statement General. I'd like you guys to raise the bar. The payrates look good, but maybe too many concessions?

When does the vote close?

I missed this. What's changed with NMB?

Nothing. Their position has been consistent for a number of years now. Releasing one of the mega-carriers just isn't going to happen.

Relax. I'm not a Delta pilot. He mentioned me and I responded because I'm a former ALPA officer who has negotiated CBAs before. But I won't be voting on your contract, so don't get bent out of shape.

But yes, I do believe the total compensation package negotiated is excellent, especially in light of the unfavorable environment the mega-carriers are now in with the NMB.

Typical ALPA officer opinion. Pay rates aren't everything bud, unless you are an ALPA lifer and want more and more dues monies fotr that broken institution... It's obvious that you haven't looked at any parts of the TA except pay. Those rates are being funded by PS. Last year we got 16.58% of our W2 in PS. This year it's projected to be 22-25%. 2016-2018 even higher. We sold that for a 6% raise. Those the compensation still look good to you? Is that an "excellent package"?
Geez

Your comments about the NMB are also typical ALPA comments designed to scare line pilots.... It doesn't have to get to that. It behooves DAL to negotiate in good faith.

Last edited:
Yes, I've looked at the PS, and it's more than offset by the pay raises by a significant amount. Sorry if math is difficult for you.

I'm not telling you to vote in favor. I'd probably vote against it because of the sick policy and LCA issues, actually. But the compensation package is excellent.

Latest resources

Back