• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont think scope is a serious discussion except on the other end. They just signed a TA (finally) for the Virgin codeshare.

We had a crappy lookback for JV numbers and zero punishment if the company went over the original ratios of flying (which they did) hopefully that loophole is closed. Waiting to see the language

We need ironclad reroute language. None of this calendar day stuff......If I am supposed to be home at 2pm, the meter runs at double pay until you return me. End of story.

Weve got that at XJT. Re-assignment past pairing termination pays at 150%. Has worked out well for me quite a few times, especially when they DH you back to base after a schedule change and you simply deviate from the DH and go home. 150% pay for a flight you didnt ride on.

We need ironclad reroute language. None of this calendar day stuff......If I am supposed to be home at 2pm, the meter runs at double pay until you return me. End of story.

The company has abused every right to this bankruptcy land grab and its time to get it back.

This. Right. Here.

We also need...

5:15 Vac and Trng day
More Vac days
18-20% DC
More per diem
Better Health Care contributions from the company
PS off the table

Everyone wants more pay, and with huge profits it's a legitimate request. It would be nice to see what DALPA actually asks for, though. (Didn't the APA list what they want? Maybe FedEx too?)
Bye Bye---General Lee
General,
i side with mgmt on this, you say full pay till the last day but want a bigger cut when profitable.

General,
i side with mgmt on this, you say full pay till the last day but want a bigger cut when profitable.

Uhhhhhhhh, what? "You say..." Do you mean mainline pilots? Full pay is what was negotiated in the latest contract. When bad times occur, there are usually pay cuts (like BK). In good times, there are raises.

It's great you side with management.... How often are management "contracts" broken? Wut wut? Yeah, it's never their fault, always the front line employees. Riiiight. Yeah, it was the pilot group's fault in a fuel hedging debacle. Riiiight.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Just keep scope at 76 seats please.

No, just take back the 76 seat planes to mainline. Is it true that United will be bringing their 70-90 seat planes in house by 2017? Why not do the same thing at Delta, making the pilot group even bigger and god forbid if the industry falls again then Delta pilots have more planes to occupy as the list slides backwards. Delta would be able to staff their 76 seat flying, a problem that will just get worse unless something changes and the pilot group would benefit from being larger and having more planes to bid into (not that current pilots would want to bid into something so small).

But this issue is a no cost give for DALPA because most of the benefits go to the company. All the pilots would have to give is lowering the rates on the 900 to maybe 15% above current Endeavor rates. No pilot currently on the list would be harmed ........ Scope is taken back-a bug win for ALPA.

Latest resources

Back