New Delhi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TundraT

Okay, I can guess all the negatives. Anybody have a positive slant on the place for a three day layover?

Only spent 4 days in Mumbai...but others in our group had local give them a 'driving tour' of the city. Check with the hotel and go carefully.

If you've got that long in New Delhi, you gotta do the Taj. We rented an air-conditioned taxi and ordered him NOT to stop anywhere 'til getting to the Taj...if you take the tour bus, the driver will make several stops at each of his brother-in-laws business's to try to get you to buy crap. I wasn't too impress with the Taj, but at least I've seen it and got pics...it's worth doing....once.

Drive time?

Lucky Strike do you recall how long the drive was? We are considering the Taj but you are right, we want to go direct--less chance in being a target of opportunity.

TundraT said:
Lucky Strike do you recall how long the drive was? We are considering the Taj but you are right, we want to go direct--less chance in being a target of opportunity.

I did it last month. The drive was just over three hours each direction. We took a car, and we had a guide meet us in Agra. Left the Sheraton in Delhi at 6am back around 6pm. Stopped for breakfast on the way down. Went to the Taj and Ft. Agra, did some shopping. Stopped at a Hindu Temple on the way back. Cost approx $340 or $170 ea in our case. Talked to guys that took the bus, only around $80 ea., left at 6am returned 11pm. included dinner.
If you are going in the near future remember it will be hot, 100F+. Last month was the end of the normal tourist season, you may be able to make a better deal now. It will get hotter and hotter until the monsoons. Have fun.:)

The civilian fuelers do a fuel check and they show it to you. (I wish I knew what I was looking at...)

We stayed at the Marriott and it was in a so-so area and isn't the best I've stayed at. We were there at the end of 20-some days for me so I wasn't exactly in a touisty mood.

We did go to a really affluent area to pick up the boss' bags and that was really nice. He stayed at the Taj Hotel (?).

Have fun.TC

Thanks guys, keep'em coming.

Great info. I've been watching the temperature climb. I'll be there the middle of May.

Tundra--Where are you going to stop on the way over? I'm sure we'll be doing one trip over there this year.

Don't forget to do your SLOP over the Bay of Bengal. ;) TC

Latest resources

Back