New Citation XLS - for Netjets or CS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

This month's Flying Magazine profiles the new Citation XLS - an updated derivative of the popular Citation Excel. It looks great - nice new flight deck (8 by 10 inch flat-panel displays) with an initial climb rate topping 5,500 ft./minute - not bad. It looks like a fun airplane to fly (I have friends who love flying the original Excel).

Does anyone know if either Netjets or Citationshares will get the newer XLS version in the future (maybe replacements for existing Excels)? I know the Sovereigns are on the way too.

Thanks

As I understand it, once the XLS starts coming off the line, the remainder of the NetJets XL order will be filled with the XLS.

bartpearl said:
As I understand it, once the XLS starts coming off the line, the remainder of the NetJets XL order will be filled with the XLS.

This was confirmed last week duriing the Recurrent Ground School "Senior Management Brief" a.k.a., "Mr. Mayor, Will You Fill My Pothole [Briefing]"

However, these are the same folks who said we would not hire until Q4 and that a website that requires 10 kajillabits per nanosecond of bandwith is an improvement in corporate communications.

ALSO:

From the Now-Working-Six-Days-a-Week Department: 25-60 new hires in May and two classes of 30 per month until the December Peak Period(s).

No new rumors to report. ENJOY!

Yes...

Does anyone know if either Netjets or Citationshares will get the newer XLS version in the future (maybe replacements for existing Excels)? I know the Sovereigns are on the way too.

It may have been in the BC/A article on the XLS, but once the XLS is certified all of the CE-560XL series will be "XLS" aircraft. The factory will no longer build the XL series.

So the answer to your question is undoubtably "Yes".

Rumor is we (NJA) are to gain 12 XL/S this year. I believe we are at a +5 state already (59 XL's) for the year. Between 1-3 of the CE-680 depending on when they get certified. Maybe an even dozen of the Beechjunks.

And 60 new-hires a month? What ever happened to the "we are overstaffed on pilots." guy? :eek:

I haven't seen the Flying article. Would a current Excel pilot need additional training for the XLS? I am sure it incorporates some new avionics.

I am sure the XLS is great, but I would be looking forward to the Sovereign - that looks like a great ride...

On your Six. I just completed reading the article in Flying magazine about the XLS. As I understand it, no further training is required for the XLS. I was also told this was true by a Cessna representative couple of weeks ago. Hope this helps. MKC

Latest resources

Back