New Chicago airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

macdu

Just read a small blurb in my local paper that reads; Festival Airlines, a startup carrier based in Chicago, said it hopes to begin commercial flights later this year to vacation destinations in North and South America. Officials of the carrier will use Boeing 757-200 aircraft for flights to LAS, MCO, MMUN, and, St. Thomas, some as part of vacation packages. YHGTBKM!
Anybody know of this? Just what we need, another lowball, sh!#bag outfit, (like the one I fly for) to sell tickets for 69 freakin' dollars!

They should change it to Festivus Airlines. The FA's would perform Feats of Strength during the flight.

"A new low-cost carrier will begin flying out of Chicago/Rockford International Airport later this year if a group of businessmen, some tied to the airline industry, can get their idea off the ground."

A big IF. Rockford certainly isn't Chicago. I don't think RFD O/D traffic can support that model. I live in the far NW suburbs of Chicago, and most people are not even aware that RFD has an airport, let alone scheduled airline service. I see this as another long-shot.

Fins Up said:
They should change it to Festivus Airlines. The FA's would perform Feats of Strength during the flight.

Probably not the feats of strength. They will probably line up for the airing of grievances.

Transmerridian (TMA) and Sun Country tried flying non-stop O/D scheduled flights out of there and didn't make any money... I say, give it a couple of years, the suburbs of Chicago are moving slowly west of Aurora (Wayne's World) and the commute is getting closer in time to ORD and RFD if you live west of Aurora.

macdu said:
Just read a small blurb in my local paper that reads; Festival Airlines, a startup carrier based in Chicago, said it hopes to begin commercial flights later this year to vacation destinations in North and South America. Officials of the carrier will use Boeing 757-200 aircraft for flights to LAS, MCO, MMUN, and, St. Thomas, some as part of vacation packages. YHGTBKM!
Anybody know of this? Just what we need, another lowball, sh!#bag outfit, (like the one I fly for) to sell tickets for 69 freakin' dollars!

Just what we need. Another low-ball airline flying more midwesterners to vacation destinations.

I've already heard of this airline though. Its called ATA, Allegiant, Ryan Int'l, USA3000, Sun Country, Champion Air, etc....:erm:

Peter Brady said:
Just what we need. Another low-ball airline flying more midwesterners to vacation destinations.

I've already heard of this airline though. Its called ATA, Allegiant, Ryan Int'l, USA3000, Sun Country, Champion Air, etc....:erm:

Look at the bright side though. Now soon to be furloughed Delta pilots can fly a big airplane and won't have to fly an RJ or some corporate biz jet that might hurt their standing in the Delta community. I say it's a win/win situation for all.

The only "win-win" situation in aviation in 2006 will be when you slit your wrists in the bathtub, Snake/Einstein

What if everyone ignored Einstein, ChuckYogurt, Lawman, Uppercrust, etc? They obviously post here only to get folks worked up. Just ignore them. Maybe they'll go away.

Latest resources

Back