New:2004 NetJet Payscales!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

been-there

Been looking at some Adobe Acrobat files some...
wink, wink, nudge, nudge, friends showed me.

Normal Work Schedule: Captains
Service Year Wage
1. $6260
2. $6636
3. $7868
4. $8699
5. $9147
6. $9628
7. $10134
8. $10553
9. $10670
10. $11591
11. $11732
12. $12240
13. $12771
14. $13350

The language gets pretty confusing after the pay scale table. This
chart shows rates on signing by seniority(except BBJ). After a grace period the pay will be divided into 5 categories. Small cabin, Mid-size cabin, Large cabin, Jumbo cabin, and SuperSonic.

Looking at the top top end of this payscale (jumbo,ssj) some NJA pilot will be the highest paid professional pilot in the WORLD!

That was captains pay....or was that a joke and it just went over my head?

Good question though, is there an extra zero there or is that monthly??

Anyone know when the union meets to actually discuss payscales?

Here we go again, i saw something from somebody who knows somebody.....blah blah blah

No one ever can say where they got the info from. Like i said before, i will believe it when the first draft is in my hands.

By the way, money still hasnt been brought up yet.

Money has been brought up. It was done over 3 months ago. Initial proposals only. That info is from the Airline division and not MEC/Company.

Those numbers are just bad enough to be the companies initial economic proposal. Just under $110,000 for a 5 year captain is fuggin horsesh!t.

Sadly, however, we do have a bunch of IDIOTS who will vote yes on this number and both the company and MEC know this.

Lrjet55 said:

Those numbers are just bad enough to be the companies initial economic proposal. Just under $110,000 for a 5 year captain is fuggin horsesh!t.

You are saying 110k for a 5th year captain is horsesh!t? Just want to make sure I got the gist of your post. Because if that's right, you are smoking something crazy...

How many other ways do you want me to say it. Were not a commuter. We dont have a bunch of 500 hours pilots.

$110,000 for a 5 year captain is complete and total HORSESH!T.
The union says they are asking for $125,000 at year 5 and that is still too low.

Obviously you dont work for a fractional company so you comment speaks volumes. That attitude and lack of self worth are a problem we fight everyday at NJA due to the amount of pilots whom were hired(back when EJA couldnt get qualified pilots) without having any real jet experience.
We had pilots who actually thought $60,000 for a jet captain was reasonable. These idiots have no clue about NBAA salary surveys. Luckily they have been beaten into reality.

Just FYI, I work for your competition. I'm a facking realist, but thanks for the vote of confidence in my post.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you guys raise the bar through the friggin' roof. Will the payscale be changed to a pay-by-weight scale? I can't imagine an Ultra driver making $125,000 per year, and obviously your management doesn't either. I haven't met any small cabin Citation pilots making $125k in any part of the country. A Falcon driver deserves to make that, I'm sure your large cabin guys work just as hard as ours do. Seems to me like we are all understaffed and overworked, regardless of the last two letters in the tail number.

Were all beat down. Its that way because of NJA and all the a$$ holes who voted in the last contract. NJA started this industry and due to the idiots at NJA the pay is what it is. Your pay is based of our lousy contract. Therefore the only people you have to blame is NJA.

That being said and my rant being over I like my job and I like what I do. Pay me very well and I will be happy.

The $125,000 is a direct quote from an MEC member I spoke with the other week. From what I gather they feel a Hawker, X, Falcon pilot should ATLEAST be up there. He said they would go no less than that.

We had The #2 guy come in the other day to speak at recurrent. He sat up there for 2 1/2 hours trying to convince us that NJA wants to make this place a career job, that 30 year job we got into aviation for. Now, can you believe a management guy? Thats a dang good question.

I respect the fractional pilots to the hill cause I know what our lives are like on a daily basis. The reason our pay is the way it is because when the last contract was signed we had a ton of guys thinking they were going to the majors and rightfully so. The airlines were hirring so fervently that NJA couldnt get quality pilots. This company was honestly hiring pilots out of Barons and 206's. I have nothing against those pilots personaly but when they were told they could make $50,000 as a thrid year captain I think they wet themselves. That plus many of the guys who paid for their training got a $10,000 bonus check. All this combined led to the mess we are in today.
NJA keeps blah, blah, blahing that were the best etc so then your company goes and says well those guys are the biggest and get paid X so well pay you guys this. Your company wet itself as well because it realized how low you guys could be paid since a presedent had been set.
I swear to gawd we are changing that presedent at NJA. Funny comment from our head MEC guy, he told us the other night at a meeting that there was no was he was going to put out a contract that wouldnt pass the first time because he knew he had to go on the road and "other pilots would fugg!ng lynch him". Now thats having a pretty good beat on how pissed the pilot group is.

the above payscale is our current pay at 100%.......make of it what you want.

JP said we already have an Economic opener....I asked DV and he said it was just the framework with no numbers. Expect a tiered scale of somesort.

60% FO to Capt pay is also what I heard.

David

Latest resources

Back