New 1500 hour rule first affected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flop

Is all your anger because of how the UAL. CAL senority list is looking ?

It is not turning out how you expected .

Huh? It's not published yet holmes. Unless you have some insider information there is no way to tell if it is looking one way or another.

It takes some practice flying to Europe and Asia but it is easily achievable once you get into your routine.

I personally would much rather fly a wide body and see some interesting destinations.

Agreed, I've been doing it for 7 years and it hasn't been an issue at all really, I'm a lot healthier and happier than I was in the rat race! Just the thought of jump seating makes the hair in the back of my neck stand on end....! Ugh!

Well, if you had to proceed like a traditional legacy (which you don't), you could expect as much access to their airport(s) as you give to them. So if you were a legacy you'd be done before you start, because ONE gate wouldn't cut it. But you're SWA, so I'm guessing Gary is greasing the wheels right now. You better hope he get's it done.

Actually, if we had to proceed like a traditional legacy, we'd get the airport authority to pay for the construction. Then we'd stiff 'em later on when our business plan didn't work out as expected like in BNA with AA, or PIT with US, or how about that big beautiful MX hangar in IND that UAL just up & walked away from? :rolleyes:

I disagree...here are some facts.

1. You eat correctly you stay in better shape.

2. You workout regularly, you stay in better physical and mental shape. Physical activity is actually the number one thing you can do for brain health as well when you age. Straight from "Welcome to Your Brain" by Dr. Aamodt - a neuroscientist.

3. You get regular rest you stay in better shape. It takes some practice flying to Europe and Asia but it is easily achievable once you get into your routine.

I personally would much rather fly a wide body and see some interesting destinations. When SWA and other legacies were hiring in the mid 2000s I had absolutely no desire to fly a 737 for the rest of my life. A lot of military bro's of mine do fly for SWA and like it, but I wasn't interested in the least. Each to their own.

It's how you take care of yourself...has nothing to do with what airplane you fly. I've got a number of wide body buddies that could smoke 75% of any SWA fatties in a crossfit workout.

Now with that--
Can we give it a rest yet?
Or do we all have to respond to GL's flame?

I disagree...here are some facts.

1. You eat correctly you stay in better shape.

2. You workout regularly, you stay in better physical and mental shape. Physical activity is actually the number one thing you can do for brain health as well when you age. Straight from "Welcome to Your Brain" by Dr. Aamodt - a neuroscientist.

3. You get regular rest you stay in better shape. It takes some practice flying to Europe and Asia but it is easily achievable once you get into your routine.

I personally would much rather fly a wide body and see some interesting destinations. When SWA and other legacies were hiring in the mid 2000s I had absolutely no desire to fly a 737 for the rest of my life. A lot of military bro's of mine do fly for SWA and like it, but I wasn't interested in the least. Each to their own.

It's how you take care of yourself...has nothing to do with what airplane you fly. I've got a number of wide body buddies that could smoke 75% of any SWA fatties in a crossfit workout.

I would think that all of the ice cream sundaes that international wide-body guys eat alone would make it hard to stay in shape. To hear GL tell it, it must average one per hour in flight.

Bubba

I would think that all of the ice cream sundaes that international wide-body guys eat alone would make it hard to stay in shape. To hear GL tell it, it must average one per hour in flight.

Bubba

And you take anything that guy says as gospel? Come on now...

And you take anything that guy says as gospel? Come on now...
He is 5' 2" and a solid 295lbs, and shaped like a ripe pear, with mantitties that would make Carol Doda envious. He also has a fantastic sense of the homoerotic fantasy, most likely developed in between posting here and the main NAMBLA website.
I say again he has not ever been a DAL pilot nor a pilot of anything except MSFlight sim.

Bubba

I fly a mix of domestic and international, I have yet to eat a sundae on an international flight. Just got back from DKR yesterday, 48 hour layover at a resort with a golf course. 20 bucks to play including rental clubs and a caddy. The trip is hard to get as there are a bunch of surfers who bid DKR exclusively. I have never had a problem sleeping on international layovers or in the crew rest seat/bunk. But some guys can't handle it.

Latest resources

Back