• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 1500 hour rule first affected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait, I thought this was about the 1500 hr rule?
Ok, as long as we're going off subject.
Pilots at AA = 9600. Pilots that paid for their job = 0
Pilots at DL = 11,723. Pilots that paid for their job = 0
Pilots at UA = 12,505. Pilots that paid for their job = 0
Pilots at Air Tran/ SWA 1526/6327. Pilots that paid for their job = 6327
Wow, Way to go swapa. Lowering the bar, paying for that job, 1 type rating at a time!

Scoot if delta would just stop hiring all the 1500 hour pilots your regionals wouldn't be struggling so bad!

Wow, Way to go swapa. Lowering the bar, paying for that job, 1 type rating at a time!
I guess you could also say that of 6327 Southwest pilots that you claim paid for their job only a small percentage would have had that opportunity if they outsourced their flying at the rate of most legacies.

If SWA outsourced 53% of their flying like American they would need only 2973 pilots.
If SWA outsourced 54% of their flying like Delta they would need only 2910 pilots.
If SWA outsourced 65% of their flying like United they would need only 2214 pilots.

Scoot if delta would just stop hiring all the 1500 hour pilots your regionals wouldn't be struggling so bad!
Wavey:
I'd tell you to stop making pilots buy their job, but it looks like you're so overstaffed come this fall, you'll be more worried that you're not going to furlough. Good luck to ya!;)

No, until AT, 100% came through the front door already typed.

So the Great Lakes spokesperson is actually saying, "The pool of inexperienced pilots we used to rely on to get you to your destination has dried up due to a nasty regulation designed to save your life. Now it's only the Part 135 carriers that get to exploit newbies and pass off to their passengers that they are qualified and experienced. I mean they are wearing epaulets and everything."

I looked at the August line award for Great Lakes from a friend of mine, only around 30 % of the lines had a FO.

I guess it depends on the type of flying but it seems to me that once someone gets about 500 they are pretty good at flying.

I beg to differ, what about Marvin? He had over 3,000 hours, and all of this is a result of his handy work!!

Just goes to show no matter how many hours you have, it won't make up for incompetence!

Fact is, if they paid a living wage, they're have no problem finding pilots and wouldn't have to come up with bullish!t excuses to the media and flying public as to why they can't maintain their schedule.

Latest resources

Back