• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjetwife: This Forum's For YOU!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd be surprised that she would post information only intended for union members on a public forum. In fact the only place she should be getting any union information at all is at union meetings where she's invited or pillow-talk with hubby. If she's actually logging onto a union-member board as a non-member, that's bad. And if she's then posting information gathtered from that board or info hubby is feeding her, that's bad to. No one has anything to gained by posting information meat for a specific group.

My wife talks about her bussiness and her company from time to time, and given her position, I take the conservative approch and assume ALL of it is confidential. I can't think of anything to gain by posting such information in a public forum. However, not everyone has the same motivations.

I invite everyone who has questions to do a search on this board. Look up NetJets or 1108 vote results and you will find that all the major votes have been discussed here--hard numbers, in fact. I mentioned that the turnout was low (relatively speaking) for the Bylaws vote.....:rolleyes: ....hardly a big secret. However, it's true that I am actually logging onto to the Union message board, and I do it under my own name as can all of the spouses who have registered for the board. We can even post in the family/spouses section...;) because the Union leadership recognizes the important role played by spouses and our participation is encouraged....:) I also talk to (or exchange PMs) with a number of pilots on a regular basis and we discuss Union issues. I am both discreet and well-informed.

Many pilots know of my family's dedication to the union and our work on behalf of the NJ pilots. Those who follow closely know that we are very trustworthy, have high standards and have served the pilot group with nothing but the best of intentions. I certainly don't expect you to take my word for it though. Feel free to ask the Executive Board...:p right after you finish looking up how many posts have been made here talking about other elections and the voting results....:rolleyes:

Speaking of motivations, why are you rehashing old news that had already been discussed months ago? If you would like to know my motivation for commenting on the comparatively low turnout for the Bylaws vote, all you had to do was ask. Very simply--I thought it was unfortunate more didn't vote. Many pilots are likewise motivated by their wish to see strong participation among the Union Membership. It's an issue that has been discussed lately in the elections forum of the NJ board. The Union is a democratic organization and every vote is important.

The Union is a democratic organization and every vote is important.

While it's nice that the union makes their website and the information it contains available for non-members, I do find it interesting that such information is meant for regurgitation in a public forum.

And I respectfully take exception to your quote above. A vote is only important to the person who voted. Sometimes a non-vote can be a much louder voice. One measure of effective political campaigning is the percentage of voter turnout.

Well UR, when you look at percentages of voter turnout--every vote is considered important information....;) To the candidates, each vote does, indeed, matter greatly. Actually, anyone who cares about the result of an election is concerned about the number of members who turn out to vote because it is widely understood that a consensus is the optimal outcome for achieving the group's objectives. Likewise, apathy can have negative repercussions for all members.

Non-votes are more effective if they are understood well. The members and leaders need to know if the electorate is voting against a proposal or if they are just being apathetic in general. Referendums are written in such a way as to allow the voter to give consent, or to withhold it. There's often a provision for writing in one's choice when voting on candidates. In 1108, all members eligible to vote had the opportunity to nominate MEC candidates. Such measures reflect the commonly-held principal that voting is important; strong participation and democratic principals go together. (I encourage all of the eligible NJ pilots to vote in the upcoming MEC election...:) )

To clarify, the NJ pilots' website is not open to just any non-member. The spouses are allowed to register and the pilot handles that with the board. 1108 leadership fully recognizes that many Union events affect the entire family. Likewise, it is understood that discussing issues common to all fractional pilots and their families can bring about cooperation that will strengthen the industry. Many frac pilots are a member of 1108 and other frac pilots have a vested interest in seeing the bar raised throughout the industry. Thus, a discussion of the situation in this fractional forum is viewed in a positive light. That said, rest assured that there are topics on the NJ board that don't appear here. NJW

The false claims about me not withstanding, I don't bring up the union issues as much as I join on-going conversations. The pilots have been quiet lately on issues that I normally post about. Thus, I've been in the background exchanging PMs and offering moral support that way. Best wishes to all the pilots fighting for professional compensation!

There has been a NJ pilots Master Executive Council campaign underway and I have followed that closely. Thanks to all those who voted. Effective and respected leadership is a critical component of any group's success. I look forward to the vote results so that the pilot group can shift their focus back to the issues ahead. I've ventured no guess on the number voting, but I do hope it's high. Good luck to the contenders for the special pen. I like the idea of having it framed and hung in the Union office. Sounds right to me.

On a personal basis, these have been difficult months for me. My well-wishers/friends (yes, I have some here, SC....:rolleyes: ) can read about that in another thread where I answered this same question posted by NJ pilots. I responded here out of politeness and my belief that it is possible to have an online community spirit among frac pilots and families.
Hope springs eternal...:)
NJW

Hey NJW how are you? We haven't heard from you in awhile.

Thanks for asking, Hammer. I'm disillusioned over the result of the NJ pilots MEC election. Voter turner out was lower than many would have liked, and it's frustrating to me that more don't get involved enough to realize who's doing the work, much less help out.

I'm thankful that my husband is now making decent pay and we'll be using some of the money to file a wrongful death suit. (I've been working on our case.) We all know that lawyers are expensive, but professionals should be able to hire other professionals if necessary. I feel bad for those frac families facing all kinds of hardships without having the money that provides them with choices and makes tough times easier to bear. My family is involved in an uphill battle for justice (against sloppy police work in rural Arkansas) for the murder of my brother but at least I don't have to worry about making ends meet. That's good because pushing people to do the right thing is hard enough--and that explains my empathy for pilots trying to get a fair deal.

Once again, my thanks to all those NJ pilots who stood shoulder to shoulder to get the contract that enables me to fight for justice, and a special thanks to pilots who have expressed encouragement.

My regards to the frac community,
L/NJW

I'm thankful that my husband is now making decent pay and we'll be using some of the money to file a wrongful death suit. (I've been working on our case.)

Why on earth bring something like that up on a board like this unless you're only looking for sympathy.

Geez NJW, have a little more freaking self respect or at least respect for your loved ones that are not here. No need to sling that stuff here.

I think you have plenty of sympathizers already here.

Regarding your 'disillusion'. You're behind in your reading if all of a sudden you think folks are becoming less apathetic. Your husbands pilot group included.

Latest resources

Back