Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

asayankee

Hey everybody,

I tried searching the forum for the info but can't seem to find it. Can anybody quickly explain how vacation will work going forward with the 15-day flex and 18-day PBS schedules.

I appreciate the help

Thanks

A week of vacation will have 4 lead-in and 4 lead-out days. So one week of vacation will get you at least 15 contiguous days off. The vacation weeks are all Monday-to-Sunday blocks.

I"m on the 18 day fixed starting in Feb. I also have vacation in Feb. As long as I get the first three days off in March, I'll have a 23 day vacation. That's 3 days more than I've ever had on the 7&7.

Here's how:

My vacation week is 2/25-3/2. Since they have to give me 4 lead-in days and 4 lead-out days, my official vacation is from 2/21-3/6. That's the 15 days. One of the options I had requested on my Feb preference sheet was that I get 17th, 18th, 19th, and the 20th off in Feb. They granted me those days. So now my official vacation is from 2/17-3/6. That's 19 days. On my March preference sheet, I'm requesting the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th off. Chances are, I'll get those because they're no high demand days. IF I get those days, my vacation will be 2/17-3/10. A total of 23 days. Not bad if you ask me!!!

IF I get those days, my vacation will be 2/17-3/10. A total of 23 days. Not bad if you ask me!!!

If you don't mind, please post if you get those days. I'm curious to see if the scheduling folks will give you those days off in light of your vacation.

I hope you get those days in March. Nothing like a 3+ week vacation.

Is the 15 day Flex and 18 day schedule out of every calendar month and the pay bi-monthly?

Close... Pay is every two weeks (so 26 pay periods a year), and the schedules are monthly with the exception of February/March. We include March 1 as part of the February bid instead of March, to even the months out a little bit.

Will do. I should get them off. They are slow days and at the beginning of the month. Shouldn't be an issue.

Any thoughts on how the 18 day schedules will work out? Will it be a crap shoot? Probably to early to tell, but updates would be great. Thanks in advance.

Latest resources

Back