Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt. Over

Haulin' it on 18 wheels.
I applied Dec. of 2001 and have been waiting patiently ever since to hear from Derinda. I just received the "over 6 months" update form and will send it back quickly. Just wondering what other folks have had happen after sending the update back. Is an interview finally coming up soon? Thanks for the info.

Capt. Over

Griz,
Whats the deal with NJA not sending out apps. to people who've recently sent in their resumes? I did the online resume submission and all I got back was the automated response telling me to sit tight and wait for an app after the first of the year.

Thanks,

Rice :cool:

Unemployed but still hanging on to the faith

Read My Last Post!

I posted regarding the difficulties managing so many applications on another thread. You may want to read it.
As you read these boards, you will find if one sent in a resume he will be real antsy about getting an application form. If sent the application then the waiting for the interview will cause a heart burn. After the interview, waiting for the word...well, that's a real bitc*. Once you in, waiting for the training and IOE...I am sure you get the idea.
Those ladies are really working hard and doing the best. I have personally listened to them making the "thumbs-up" call, and it seemed genuinely making them happy.
If you have a friend at NJA, and he or she periodically looks after your status, it will help. Just don't over do it.
I don't want to sound condescending, and I am not. I just want to give you the straight poop, so you can avoid the anxiety. I went through the same stuff, and currently restraining myself to call scheduling and see what the #@*& is going on with my IOE.
Good luck and hope to see you here.

Originally posted by Capt. Over:
Just wondering what other folks have had happen after sending the update back.

Returned my six-month update in June. Got the call in August for September interview. Be patient, I think your turn is coming up!!

Good luck!!

Got e-mail from Derinda in August with update form and a request to get it back in to her ASAP.

Got call on Oct 1st for interview two weeks later.

Am still waiting, anxiously, for that magic phone call.

And zigging just a bit off topic, heard yesterday that one of my interview group was called and put in the "pilot pool". Whats up with dat? Hadn't heard of NJA even having a pool before.

yosemite said:
...heard yesterday that one of my interview group was called and put in the "pilot pool". Whats up with dat? Hadn't heard of NJA even having a pool before.

We've had a pool for quite a while. In July there was approx 1000 waiting to interview. Three weeks ago there was about 600.

From NJA Capt
We've had a pool for quite a while. In July there was approx 1000 waiting to interview. Three weeks ago there was about 600.

Not what I was talking about. In this case, the pilot from my interview group has been informed that they were hired but not assigned to an aircraft yet due to a lack of open slots. I hadn't heard of that type of pool before at NJA... At the airlines, yes... but not at NJA.

I read in that classes are booked thru May 03 -- anyone notified of a class date that far ahead?

and just one more question -- do the 6 month updates pretty much come at the 6 month point? Do they come at all if you have been sending in updated resumes regularly anyway?

still waiting, hoping the bad stop loss man doesnt find me (again)

yosemite said:
...they were hired but not assigned to an aircraft yet due to a lack of open slots.

And we wonder why airlines lose money?

Maybe I am missing something, but why would you spend time and resources to interview and hire someone when you have no positions to fill? You either need someone or you don't.
:confused:

Maybe I am missing something, but why would you spend time and resources to interview and hire someone when you have no positions to fill? You either need someone or you don't.

Not sure, but my WAG would be a flucuating delivery schedule by the OEM's. I know NJA is very picky when taking delivery, and we've all heard where some of the OEM's are laying off folks. This could be affecting their ability to deliver on time WRT a previously promised date.

FWIW, I know of 5 in my interview group that have been contacted. 3 got assigned to an aircraft right away, one is on hold, and one got the dreaded letter. Another pilot in my group said some fellow airline pilot furloughee's had also been hired by NJA and had elected to postphone starting so as to get the aircraft they want. Have no clue if this is possible with NJA and/or if it is really happening; that's just what this person said.

Latest resources

Back