• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What would Mr. Buffett do if his name gets dragged through the mud? That is the question

Is not like he needs us. I could see him going. "enough, sell it or shut it down"

He sure doesn't like bad press and had enough sycophants in the media to assure he didn't get any. Social Media has changed things as much as he tries to outlaw it.

I expect to see 19th Century anti-union railway violence on his part. The message board infiltration harkens back to The Molly Maguires.

NJAOwner,

What is your solution for NetJets negotiations with its pilots?

Maybe he just declares that the concept isn't financially viable and winds it down over 5 years. The write off is immaterial to BH's financial statements and results in a tax savings at the same time. He has had some blunders in the past which were much more costly which investors do not seem to have held against him.

"Discuss amongst yourselves."

Then wind it down. What's clear to me is that BRK is no longer a fit for Netjets.

Anyone read all the comments below the article?

Yes we did.

Those people don't pay my bills. They didn't pay for my flight training or serve in the military to get trained.

They didn't flight instruct for $6500/yr ... or live on Regional airline pay commute and share a crash pad. They didn't take a flying job in Africa or the Middle East to build time.

They didn't fly car parts at night on demand on call 24/7... fly all night then ferry back to homeplate part 91 after 14 hours of 135 duty... for a 22 duty day.

They have no clue what it takes to make it in this business.

Netjets is hiring. Its equal opportunity employer. Those people should get their apps in and get hired

I am not saying I have a solution. What I am saying is that the pilots union should not assume that BH MUST eventually settle to save the business.

WB could end all of the negative publicity with a single phone call to Columbus.

WB could end all of the negative publicity with a single phone call to Columbus.

That assumes he cares about it and wants to end the publicity. He could make 1 phone call and give each of you a $1,000,000 gift as well. But it doesn't mean he will. The HUGE assumption here is "how much WB cares about negative publicity?" And I guess we will all know in the next year or so??

Perhaps. But let's not pretend that the situation with the contract negotiations has nothing to do with WB. Trying to extract concessions from employees while the company is thriving is a guaranteed recipe for major unrest.

Latest resources

Back