netjets pilot contract ..2 yrs & nada!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd pay $900 anytime for 37 days OFF!
If I want to work less, I simply bid for it. It may mean I'll not make a days' pay, but I don't have to pay $24 for it either. And then I can make it back in overtime too.

So, how's your deal better again??

Wow!

flexlrpilot357 sounds like an FX management type stirring up the pot. Beware of this person, he/she is a perfect reason for unionizing.

We don't have a union at Flexjet because we don't want one.
Is this Management speaking for the pilot group as a whole?

What's the P/E ratio of your union dues?
NJA Pilots P/E ratio of union dues to benefits is Enormous. flexlrpilot357's P/E ratio is ZERO, you aren't union. If you want to compare unions to investing, you have to take the chance and invest first! Very easy to be an armchair quarterback flexlrpilot357, but my guess is you are a management type and that is why you are so negative about this. As Vix stated, some pilots are just trying to educate themsleves, and why not learn from others who have been down this road.

Sorry, the dollars just aren't there, and whatever you feel you "deserve" or "should be" making really isn't important.
I love this one. How in the world would you know if the dollars are there or not? You must be a Berkshire Hathaway accountant with all that information. If BH wrote a check for $100 million tomorrow to the pilot group, it wouldn't even put a dent in a $36 billion dollar company. One thing you are right about though, it really doesn't matter what the pilots think they "desrve" or "should be making". The only thing that matters is what the union negotiates for the pilots, wether you think they "deserve" it or not.

You're dreamin' if you think Uncle Warren isn't going to appear on a white horse with bags of bills under each arm.
What? Did I read that right? I guess I am dreaming then, I don't think he will appear on a white horse with bags of bills etc., I don't think he will appear at all.

Thanks for beating us children up and teaching us all a lesson. And for the record Mr. Management, I am all for Capitalism!

Last edited:
Ahhhh, I get it now. Thor really works for NJA and is just "acting stupid" to reinforce Gunfyter's argument. Smart move there Thor, but I see right through you.

flexlr...

Please do not accept gunfyter's views as representatinve of NJ pilots. I would expect most want some type of representation, but most I know are uncomfortable with the Teamsters and would be happier with the $1 mil a year in dues spent in house. Of course if I were a Marine with two Teamster truck driver brothers I would probably be a rabid Teamster apologist just as gunfyter. Personally I am having trouble equating a 140 IQ with a Marine, based on the ones I know . (That's a joke gunfyter.)

Misconception

gunfyter said:
You are right.... I know a guy who was on a Falcon50 whose job went away when the airplane he was assigned to went away. So he was not furloughed.... Why he did not get assigned another airframe, I dont know?

How long ago was this? More than 5 years ago? Before Flight Options, perhaps? The company was known as Corporate Wings back then, and was a management company. Crews were assigned to specific airplanes, similar to corporate operations. If the airplane went away, so did that specific job. If the airplane that your friend was flying was truly a FLIGHT OPTIONS airplane and not a managed airplane(we did manage airplanes - under the old company Corporate Wings - for approximately 2 years after Flight Options was formed, but did not renew any of those management contracts when they expired), then he was not furloughed - he was fired, and he's making up excuses. Flight Options has never furloughed.

thor said:
Gunfyter,

Smarter move there Mr. Gun Driver. Spend what few dollars you have proving that MARINE Gun Drivers are stupid enough not to understand that Buffet and Santulli will be rich and you will not.

Totally uncalled for Sir!!!

We are at WAR and any disrespect for any branch of our Military is wrong..

Retired Army Officer, Ex-Gun Driver

Son of a Marine, Ex-Gunny

Proud Father of a Marine, Gunny

An American! Who carries a gun to protect my family from Anti-American rot such as yourself...

Safeties off... (as in keep one's guard up)

Gunfyter if I ever meet you on the road I'll have a cold one with you....

Last edited:
Hey gunny!!

I don't discount the idea of a Fractional Union if after all this wait I am presented with a substandard contract by the TEAMSTERS...

I thought that the pilots negotiated terms and stuff, the Teamsters were in a supporting role or something. How could they make the NJA pilots sign a contract that's substandard??

gf -
I have no trouble giving anyone their due. My point is I have yet to see ANYTHING from the Teamsters for the dues we send to the national, not that I really want or think we will need anything from them. Everything I have seen has been accomplished by the local members of NJA with it mattering not what you call them.
If there had been superior national leadership and input, we would have done the work being done now when the last contract was written. Yes the pilots here at the time voted it in, but where was that vaunted Teamster National leadership that should have been here to help a fledgling local writing the definitive document for an industry? Even this time around it is my understanding we have our own lawyer and are drawing on the expertise of the pilot force for out own cost/benefit analyst and own tax expert with essentially no imput from National.
I have no problem with representation. I think where we disagree is with whom we are calling the "Teamsters". I am referring only to the National and I personally do not feel we are getting our money's worth from them. From what I have seen the local could be called "Blue Goose 219" and we would not see any difference in National participation.

Latest resources

Back