NetJets Phone Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starcheckdriver

I just got an e-mail from NetJets Pilot Recruitment to schedule for a phone interview. I thought they did away with is?! My buddy got the in-person interview call a few weeks ago. I don't think he had to do a phone interview.

Has anyone else been asked for an NJA phone interview recently? If so, what's the gouge?!

Do you have an interview date set already?
I've got an interview with NJ coming up and I haven't heard anything from them regarding a phone interview.

The info below came off of another forum...

1. Name as many one word adjectives you can think of that encompass what a NetJets pilot should be.

2. What makes you different/a better candidate than others for the job?

3. (trick question?) You have a flight that ends at 10 p.m. and another one that begins the next morning at 8 a.m. (yeah 10 hours rest) and while cleaning the airplane you notice the linens are soiled. What are you going to do?

I wasn't sure if they wanted you to come at this from a safety standpoint because of the 10 hours rest and the 135 rule that says it isn't rest if you are engaged in any activity for the employer or if they wanted to see that you would at least figure out a way to get the linens cleaned/replaced without interfering with rest. I said I would tip the line guy to clean them, take them to the hotel and have them washed, have owner services find a way to get them to us, or if I had to take them to the laundromat myself. Not sure if that last one was ok or not though.

4. (trick question) You are on a flight and someone vomits and the owners want you to come back and take care of it. What do you do?

I said chances are if people are vomiting you may be in bad weather/turbulence and that it wouldn't be a good idea to get out of your seat. I said that I would give them the option to land at the nearest suitable airport/FBO and clean the aircraft and give the sick person some time to settle their stomach.

5. What was the most stressful day you've ever had at work ?

6. What did you do on that day to handle the situation?

7. Have you ever been in an uncomfortable situation at work where you had to report a coworker for wrongdoing to your superiors? Why and how did you handle it?

8. What would you improve about your character? What are you doing to achieve these improvements?

9. Why do you want to work for Netjets?

10. In your own words, what is the role of a NetJets pilot?

Remember, they want to know that you are going to be a very professional and safe pilot first. This is followed very closely by being a customer service oriented individual. I saw one guys answer to a question about customer service, he said "I'm not above throwing bags". That just won't cut it anymore with HR.

11. What would you expect as an owner?

12. Give me an example of a time you received excellent customer service?

13. Other than what you put on your application what other customer service roles or jobs have you been involved in?

I told her I put everywhere I had worked on the application, so that the question didn't really apply. I did go on though and to say that since I'm at my 3rd 135 passenger operation I am very comfortable with customer service and cited some examples where I had to "go the extra mile" and/or "think outside the box" in the past.

14. Have you ever been in a confrontational situation with an owner (passenger) in the past and how did you handle it/how was it resolved?

At the end I asked her if this was a new process and asked if I could take a guess as to why. I was right. I said that I figured they were doing this now to keep from spending 2k on travel and lodging for 10-12 interviewees at a time and only finding 3-6 per class that fit the mold. People, it is the HR interview that matters the most. Don't get me wrong, you will have to know your stuff and perform in the Sim, that's a given, but this is no 121 airline and they are raising the bar on what they are looking for from a customer service standpoint! From now on you won't get an interview at all if they don't like your answers on this phone interview, it saves them time and money.

That was pretty much it, i'm sure I'm forgetting some. I would appreciate some input on 1, 3, and 4. Especially 3 and 4 from current NJA pilots.

Another one was...."how can you adapt to a new environment?" Give me an example?

I said "i've been in pbi and teb in the same day in the winter time and have never caught the flu." No wonder I wasn't hired.

I just got an e-mail from NetJets Pilot Recruitment to schedule for a phone interview. I thought they did away with is?! My buddy got the in-person interview call a few weeks ago. I don't think he had to do a phone interview.

Has anyone else been asked for an NJA phone interview recently? If so, what's the gouge?!

How long ago did you apply?

Has anyone with turbo-prop time been called at all? From all of the gauge I have read, it seems like NJ wants jet time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back