NetJets Paid Move - Bad Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tref

Just thought I'd pass along something that I just discovered last week...

It has been posted on this board that NetJets will pay for relocation for new hire pilots. I read the contract a bunch of times and I also thought it said that. Here's the misleading part:

SECTION 15 – MOVING EXPENSES
15.1 Eligibility for Moving Expenses:
Subject to Sections 13.2(b)(i)(2) and 13.2 (b)(ii)(2), any Crewmember on the seniority
list as of the date this Agreement is executed or any new hire Crewmember will be paid
moving and travel expenses in the following manner:
15.1(a) New Hires
Subject to Section 13.2(b)(i)(2), at the time the Company extends an offer of
employment to a job applicant, the Company shall inform the applicant that he or she is
entitled to moving expenses as set forth in this Section 13.2(b)(i)(2). Pursuant to Section
13.2(b)(i)(2) the new hire pilot’s right to moving expenses shall continue for the duration
of his or her employment; provided, the new hire pilot’s right to moving expenses
applies to one change of permanent residence only.
Here's the catch:

13.2(b)(i)(2) Crewmembers hired after ratification of this Agreement who
are awarded a Home Base Airport designation and subsequently decide to
move within ninety (90) miles of a Domicile will be assigned to that
Domicile. Upon written request, the Company shall reimburse the
crewmember for moving expenses as set forth in Section 15 of this
Agreement. If a Crewmember elects to be reimbursed for moving
expenses, the crewmember shall relinquish all rights to use a Home Base
Airport, regardless of where he might subsequently move in the future.
So, in a nutshell, you can be reimbursed for moving expenses as a new hire, but you have to have been awarded a Home Base first and then decide to move within 90 miles of a domicile. I didn't catch the Home Base part and thought you were set as long as you moved close enough to your domicile.

I wouldn't have been disappointed if I hadn't had the expectations because most companies don't pay for new hires to relocate, but I was SOOO looking forward to having someone else pack and load all of our junk.

In any case, it still looks like a good place to be. Just wanted to warn anyone who had the same expectations.

"It's 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

HIT IT!!

"We're on a mission from Gaad."

In other words, if you ever get to have an HBA and then decide you want to live in an NJA domicile the company will pay for the move to the domicile. BUT, you give up HBA rights FOREVER!! Or until the next contract.

otto feather said:
In other words, if you ever get to have an HBA and then decide you want to live in an NJA domicile the company will pay for the move to the domicile. BUT, you give up HBA rights FOREVER!! Or until the next contract.

No! They play Country AND Western. The Good Old Boys!!

The HBA/DOM issue is a deal with the devil. We have guys doing helaciously crazy things like driving 0 hours to get to DOM. It's crazy. If I fly with any of them on day 1 I will call us both fatigued.

How much for your wife? Your little girl? I want to buy your women.

otto feather said:
Yup. Once the paid move is available, you don't really need it because you'd be home based.

wow...I guess gettin in with old contract was the way to go....its a shame that everyone thought it was the end of the world at NJ 6 months ago.

Latest resources

Back