• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can make more than that at Skywest. From my personal experience

1st year - 18,500
2nd year - I made 35,000

I worked a little extra. There are ways to make time and half.
3rd year should be around 45k i'm guessing and upgrade soon after. You definetly have to weigh your options.

Last edited:
Netjets

1.they call you out to go sit at the fbo's for hours without food
2.schedulers make sure you dont get released on your last day until your day has been wasted away doing nothing
3.gone is your ability to jumpseat
4.you will enter into a hostile environment where they pay the pilots crap and the union is negotiating for money which it wont get
5.the company will waste 2 weeks a year of your time sending you to cmh for company recurrent then 6 days of worthless sim from fsi ...
6. the company wont allow you to fly pax legs
7. they will allow you to load bags, catering and dump coffee

lastly, goto skywest..a much better company from what I hear.

Last edited:
Yes... its true

FO's need 250 hours in the airplane before they can fly PAX according to company policy.

FO's can be nothing but gear b*tches at Netjets... depending on the Captains you fly with. In fact, some captains won't even let other captains fly with pax.

This policy needs to change. Unfortunately I don't think Netjets will ever change it.

I flew for a company that had that policy. I thought it was garbage. So I made my own policy, we alternated every leg, bad weather, pax. whatever! If you are qualified to fly the airplane, then on my ship, you will fly it.

I was never an FO at this company, I was hired as a "street captain".

been-there said:
Career wise your friend would be better off at Skywest. Airtran requires 500 pic in a 121 enviroment. FedEx requires 1000 hours pic >20,000 lbs. The ultra doesn't measure up.

Also over the first 5 years at Skywest your friend will make over $40,000 more than at NetJets.

For us to get a "KICK A$$" contract it is going to get NASTY, really nasty.

You'll get the PIC time faster at Skywest. At Nutjets, you don't always fly as PIC after upgrade and if the interviewer doesn't know our operation, this takes some 'splainin'. As for AirTran, they seem to be overlooking the part 121 stuff for fractionals, but this isn't written in stone and they may start excluding our guys again like some of the big boys did years ago. As for FedEx, I think the >20k bit was for turbo props. At least that was the case when I interviewed. Nevertheless, heavier-the-better.
Hope that helps.

BTW, Netjets could be the best aviation job in the world. Sad thing is, nobody with the bucks to do it is interested. WB makes just under a billion in one day and 650+ employees are waiting for the pink slips to turn up in the mail!

davis said:
Netjets

1.they call you out to go sit at the fbo's for hours without food
2.schedulers make sure you dont get released on your last day until your day has been wasted away doing nothing
3.gone is your ability to jumpseat
4.you will enter into a hostile environment where they pay the pilots crap and the union is negotiating for money which it wont get
5.the company will waste 2 weeks a year of your time sending you to cmh for company recurrent then 6 days of worthless sim from fsi ...
6. the company wont allow you to fly pax legs
7. they will allow you to load bags, catering and dump coffee

lastly, goto skywest..a much better company from what I hear.

1.) Rarely happens. I welcome days when I sit in a FBO. As far as the food, I have never had trouble getting more than I need. Better yet, grab a crew car and get a hot meal.
2.) Sometimes happens, I usually get flown back to my base by 7pm. or earlier. But I usually do a revenue trip or two on my last day.
3.) Jumpseated for 5 years as a former 121 guy. Hated it, don't care if I ever did again. I use my airline miles and take my family with. Usually can take 2 round trips a year wife and 2 kids included.
4.)crap pay now, yes. But, I believe we improve dramatically in the next contract.
5.)Paid. And not worthless.
6). I offer pax legs to all FO's from the right seat. Only 2 have taken me up on it. Most like to fly left seat on empty leg. Big deal anyway.
7.) Part of the job, so what.

Latest resources

Back