• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets not furloughing because of charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what about the 18-19 day schedules, can those be eliminated? Or are those also locked into the contract?
Contract....

And ... the company insisted on it and made it like THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA ...

"You can check in anytime you like but you can never leave...."

Only 10% or those on that schedule can leave that schedule if they don't like it every 4 months. So it would take 40 months to empty it out by the CBA.

Fancy this, I get a call from a NJ pilot. Wants to know if USA Jet is hiring, heck they have 45 pilots on lay off and not even involved in anything but flying anymore. He said a letter was coming out in the 10 days announcing up to 1000 pilot lay offs.

Contract....

And ... the company insisted on it and made it like THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA ...

"You can check in anytime you like but you can never leave...."

Only 10% or those on that schedule can leave that schedule if they don't like it every 4 months. So it would take 40 months to empty it out by the CBA.

The way the 10% is applied (see the interpretive transcripts), if they elected to do so, all pilots on the 18-day schedule could vacate in 4 bid periods (16 months). I do not expect that will happen.

Fancy this, I get a call from a NJ pilot. Wants to know if USA Jet is hiring, heck they have 45 pilots on lay off and not even involved in anything but flying anymore. He said a letter was coming out in the 10 days announcing up to 1000 pilot lay offs.

I think you need to tell your friend to lay off the sauce. While we all agree it is possible that a furlough may still occur to suggest to 1000 of us might be out of work is ludicrous. The consensus seems to be 200-300 if it happens. NJA would be unable to keep up with demand with 1000 fewer pilots.

I got a call too, that said they were hiring 100 pilots.

Give me a break, even if there is a furlough it won't be that many.

Yeah, correct... I also heard Michael jackson is going to bring peace to the Middle East.. I think I heard that from the same NJ pilot...

It's getting harder and harder to come to flightinfo and chat...... honestly, I think we will furlough some before the reccession is over, but if you junior NJ guys read s**t like " NJ furloughing up to 1000 pilots" and believe it, you will drive yourself crazy.

If I was fairly junior at NJ, I don't think I'd come to flightinfo anymore...

Last edited:
What!!!

"If I was fairly junior at NJ, I don't think I'd come to flightinfo anymore..."

oh great, now you tell me!!!

AMF

1000 pilots huh? That's like a 3rd of the pilots at NJA, isn't it? Its funny how people get on these forums and talk so much SH$t.

Could there be a furlough? Sure. I question the "sources" who always seem to have an inside man, but don't even work at the company.

Keep in mind there's better things to do with your time then to come on FI and develop an anxiety disorder because some idiot posted a thread.

WOW!! What some people will write.

Yeah and I heard USA Jet is going to be listed as a major by the DOT this quarter.

Go fly some more Microsoft sim too.

Latest resources

Back