• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets layoff now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NetJets is a brand and to be a success everyone must have faith in that brand. The only way to create faith is through trust. That trust starts with the family of employees. You don't instill trust by furloughing family members. No one will be furloughed at NJA unless there is absolutely no other way to operate. This was expressed word for word (more or less) recently by the godfather himself.

Things are bad all over. But right now, here, things aren't to the point that they are considering furloughs.

A few pilots are the only ones creating rumors about it.

Yes, I am a Kool aid drinker and proud of it. Have faith and fly safe.;)

Last edited:
Uncle Warren can Float NJ for as long as he wants. Why does everyone want to see NJ furlough so bad? Its sad the guys that have lost there jobs. Alot of my friends are on the streets but they dont wish the same fate on me. Unfortunate there are so many pathetic pilots out there.

I remember when I got on at Frontier and everybody was so proud that Frontier didn't furlough post 911. Now I'm furloughed from Frontier and they're bankrupt. Anything is possible in this industry. I do wish the hits would end for everybody. Its getting kinda old.

By the way, on day 6 of 7 tomorrow and there are 5 legs on my brief. I have flown every day this tour, minimum of 3 legs a day. I know it's Spring Break but actually the last 2 months have been steadily getting busier. Good to be working hard again!

Agreed.

FYI My brief for today -

APA-RIL-TEB-SAF-LAS. Gotta love the X.

Fortunately it didn't play out that way and we're still in TEB but I have definitely noticed an increase in flying in the last few weeks. Maybe it's spring break and maybe not but in any case the increase is welcome.

3 occupied legs for me today. Thought we were going to end in SJC. After we got in, found out were live to LAS in 45 minutes. Talk about a scramble. Tomorrow looks like LAS-TEB-SRQ, all occupied, and it's only day 3. Hope this trend continues, for everyone.

FWIW, the last 2009 Peak day until Thanksgiving is tomorrow, 3/23. Flight ops will slow down significantly.

The good news about the Fractional industry is that it was the last to start furloughing and will be the first to start hiring. We are in the strongest part of aviation and things will get better.

FWIW, the last 2009 Peak day until Thanksgiving is tomorrow, 3/23. Flight ops will slow down significantly.
Just like it does every year.

The good news about the Fractional industry is that it was the last to start furloughing and will be the first to start hiring. We are in the strongest part of aviation and things will get better.

so sayeth every working pilot in different parts of aviation throughout history. Remember in the 80's and 90's when airline new-hires were told "Welcome to the last job you'll ever have."?

I do hope things remain relatively strong with fracs but, don't rest on your laurels. Although I hope that it doesn't, it could happen to you too....in a New York year.

Latest resources

Back