Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJFlyer

Wastin' time...
I just got the call from HR inviting me to interview. Anyone have any gouge on the interview/sim?

Before anyone says it, I've done a search here for the info, and there ain't much.

Thanks!!

Know your aproach plates. Be yourself.

Know 135 rules and how it's different than 91 rules when it comes to landing and taking off.

be yourself

remember it's safety then customer service. If you have to turn the plane around half way across the country because the owner forgot something. Check the safety of it (fuel) and then go ahead and do it.

It's pretty simple. Oh and upgrades are running about 4 years plus.

For what it's worth, I interviewed in early October. To add to Diesel's input, definitely know the difference between 91 and 135 for takeoff and landing, but also know the oxygen rules and how they differ. Be able to read Jepp plates, both approach plates and airport diagrams. Also brush up on general AIM stuff, like taxi clearances, holding, etc.

NJA is also very big on customer service but that is never at the expense of safety. Expect a lot of customer-service and safety questions. A good gouge site is: http://www.aviationinterviews.com/

As for the sim, it is an interesting machine. It's an older Citation that was literally resurrected from the scrap heap. The left side has steam gauges while the right side has EFIS. Guess which side you fly from - yep, the left. The sim is twitchy but a good instrument scan will save the day. Don't get wound up over which approach you'll fly. We were told in October that NJA knew about the gouge sites and is changing up the profile. Still, you can expect a normal takeoff, some airwork to include steep turns, a hold and then an ILS. In addition to basic instrument skills, NJA really wants to see how you and your sim partner use CRM.

Best of luck to you.

I should also add that with regards to the sim, it is all hand flown and there is no flight director. Raw data all the way.

Latest resources

Back