NetJets interview/ Pilot Pool and Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

redsoxfan

Was curious about the number of pilots in a pool or waiting for an interview at Netjets? I have heard they have interviews full for months in advance already? Also is it possible to make 90-100K flying at netjets within your 1st 2 yrs!!! flying an xcel as a capt? I have been told that you can by some Netjet pilots that with some overtime and per diem they will make close to 100K having flown there less than 2 years as a Xcel capt. Is there any majors or any airline/cargo that allows Netjet pilot to jumpseat? if not can you get enough frequent flyer miles per month to allow you to travel alot instead of having to jumpseat? I also hear that Netjets has alot to offer and that many ex-airline pilots have gone there and have said only positive things, but even the best airline job out there has some disadvantages. What are the disadvantages of flying for a fractional like Netjets vs. an airline?

Fan:
Here are some numbers for you to work with concerning NJA.

Yr 1 F/O pay. $2259
Yr 1 C/Opay. $3130 Flex skd $4005
Yr 2 C/Opay $3318 Flex skd $4193
Yr 3 C/Opay $3934 Flex skd $4809

Extended days roughly $414/day and now hard to come by

Per-diem $1.60/hr.

We are paid every other Friday making 26 paychecks/yr so divide the annual salary by 26, then subtract taxes, union dues, etc.

My YTD for 02 is $49,300 for 25 checks. Expenses are sent in a separate check and I can't count it as income since it is spent.

I'm a 3rd yr PIC.

Fan

I have been waiting for an interview at NetJets for over a year. I have updated the file and to be honest I can't figure it out how the selection process goes. Over there on the aviationinterviews.com board, there are guys that say they're getting interviews after about 8-12 months. I don't know. I exceed the minimum quals. and had someone walk my stuff in, but still no call. Anyone else in the same boat?

The overtime was cut. Netjets is now fully staffed with pilots. The days of making 100K are gone untill the new contract is done.

Netjets interviews and pay and stuff....

I took a year for me to get an interview, so hang in there.........

Ive only been here 3 months but there is now practically no overtime, thus no extra bucks.

Because the company does feed you well, you can save your per diem ($38.00 a day) to take home if you plan your meals right (free breakfasts at a lot of hotels we stay at). This amounts to 228 bucks per tour, tax free, and a lot of guys do just that. With the low pay, every bit helps....

A lot of us in our group are sitting in the bullpen on our first few days on ( I just sat thru a whole rotation at home 2 weeks ago) and Im not complaining. I also sat thru another one in DCA 'cause they couldnt find me a partner.

Yes indeed it looks like NJA is fully staffed and overtime is a thing of the past, therefore, the big buck income, has stopped.

From what I can gather the 3 most important things about the new contract are Pay, 7 on and 7 off for everyone, and live anywhere you want........

New hires are still being planned on at the rate of 450/ year for the next two years. The company is planning on a bunch of new planes. If that continues then we are gonna need bodies........
:D

I understand you guys are not paid enough but how is company moral? Do you like your job? Does your wife like your job? What kind of pay increase are you realistically looking at with the new contract? and last but not least why is it taking so long for the new contract and when do you think it will be resolved? Just getting into the loop on the netjet issues. Thanks to whomever replies...

I think moral is good considering whats going on in aviation these days. I do like my job and enjoy going to work. I think most Netjets pilots will say the same. The company for the most part treats us well on the road. I stay in great hotels, get crew food whenever I want it and only work 14 days a month. You ask about the contract. I wish I knew but dont. Its taking so long because the old contract was written on cocktail napkins and hand shakes. This one is being re-written page by page section by section. MY best guess is summer 2003 or later. What kind of a raise will we get? Whatever the pilot group votes in. The number that most (99%) of us will vote for is a minimum 100% raise. Now before anyone says you wont get it. A 100% raise just brings our McDonalds wages up to NBAA standards. Hell we need 65% just to MATCH FLOPS. So dont get to wraped into % vs. what the company can afford. The great RTS is in agreement we will get a large pay increase. Netjets is a great company to work for and will only get better with a new labor contract in place.

Latest resources

Back