Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets IBB 18 day schedule, 4 on 3 off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

D_G

If your seniority could hold 4 on 3 off (which works out to 18 on and 12 off in a 30 day month) will NJA scheduling allow it?
That way only 3 nites a week in a hotel and 4 with my wife.

If your seniority could hold 4 on 3 off (which works out to 18 on and 12 off in a 30 day month) will NJA scheduling allow it?
That way only 3 nites a week in a hotel and 4 with my wife.

It may be possible BUT I doubt it. Something like 5 on 4 off or 5 on 5 off might work.

The 18-day schedule allows them to work you any 18 days in a month that they can, with the possibility of an 8-day tour once every 4 months if IBB is ratified.

It's possible with the PBS system that you would be able to bid shorter tours. From what I've heard, one of the criteria you'll be able to select in the computer system would be "shorter tours". That might get you closer to 4 on/3 off but it's guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.

There is also the 15-day Flex schedule under IBB. That might get you closer to your 4 on/3 off goal. The Flex will have a maximum tour length of 5 days followed a minimum of 3 days off. One of our union leaders has said that he thinks the guys (and gals) on the Flex will not be spending 15 days at work each month.

And remember, only 40% of the pilots in any fleet/seat combination will be able to bid the 18-day schedule. Right now, there are a few fleets where the 18-day schedule goes senior for SIC's. It's hard to guess if that will still be the case if IBB is ratified, due to the 15-day schedule. Some people might prefer that one due to the possibility of more days at home for a 10% pay increase over the base 7/7 schedule.

Of course, this is all speculation until about November 21 anyways.

Last edited:
Possible, yes, probable? Don't know.

Here is the section of the IBB proposal that deals with the Preferential Bid System and what you can actually reguest:

19.1(B)(2) 18-Day Fixed Schedule Line Preferences
A crewmember on the 18-Day Fixed Schedule may designate and submit some
or all of the following scheduling “preferences” to the Company via a Company-issued
electronic form:

(a) Preferred days off;

(b) Preferred tour lengths; and/or

(c) Preferred length of time between tours.

Scheduling preferences may be submitted to the Company at any time prior to

the first day of the month in which the 18-Day Fixed Schedule is published. To the extent

practicable, the Company will consider a crewmember’s preferences in determining a

crewmember’s 18-Day Fixed Schedule. A crewmember’s schedule preferences are not guaranteed. (remember, these are based on seniority.)

I will lay money even the most senior will not see tours shorter than 6 days except on very rare occasion.

I will agree whole heartly. The 4 on 3 off isn't going to happen. You can ask all you want, but why do you think the current reserve guys don't work 18 days some months. Because they don't want to send them out for just 4 days, lack of productivity.

I know what the IBB says, and I know people have dreams of having it all. Below is the catch all the company will use when you don't get what you ask for.

19.1 B (c)A crewmember’s schedule preferences are not guaranteed

I will agree whole heartly. The 4 on 3 off isn't going to happen. You can ask all you want, but why do you think the current reserve guys don't work 18 days some months. Because they don't want to send them out for just 4 days, lack of productivity.

I know what the IBB says, and I know people have dreams of having it all. Below is the catch all the company will use when you don't get what you ask for.

19.1 B (c)A crewmember’s schedule preferences are not guaranteed

"H" Days are NOT NOT NOT guaranteed. In fact around the holidays there is no way to take all 4 because of a black out day.

Same as we have today. I'll take PBS !

I'll take that BET!

How about your bonus?
Well since I am about to take a paycut...

How about $1000?

Just so we understand what you are claiming...

With tours of less than 6 days in length...

It would mean at least 4 tours a month...on the 18 day schedule. Right? Possibly 8 days of airling each month out of 18 workdays?

I can see how that would be a good deal for the company.

You think lines with 4 tours in a month will be offered ... because only 3 tours in a month requires that at least 2 of the tours are 6 days or more.

Latest resources

Back