Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Hawker 1000s - How Much Longer in Fleet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I saw a Netjets Hawker 1000 when visiting Cali last week. I thought most of those were phased out.

So, does it have a phase-out schedule? How many pilots still flying that particular fleet? Are newhires still placed in the 1000 - and are those pilots separate from the 800XP fleet?

Anyone out there actually flown the 1000 - is it a nice aircraft to fly?

I actually rode in the back of one the other day enroute to my X trip. I was surprised at how nice that thing was. I'm not sure of the financials on it, but I would travel in that thing.

Griz said:
NetJets is fazing those out but they do it slowly as to not flood the market.
If they're trying not to "flood the market" with 1000's, then they better phase them out at the rate of about 5-6 per year....because there were only 52 ever made...and NJA operates...what, about 18-20 of those? For some reason, the 1000 never became popular. From guys I have talked to that have flown both the 800 and the 1000, the 1000 is a much better aircraft.

Im on the 1000. We were supposed to get rid of 10 this year....i think we gave up 3.

we were not going to RVSM them either, but with some Raytheon deal, 400xp, 800xp and a huge maintenance agreement....we are now going to RVSM all of them. They are also trying to get rid of the reduced mach .70-.75 limitation in RVSM to normal .78.

the 1000 is a bigger, nicer airplane than the 800 but it needs the FMS upgrade to NZ2000 and TCAS. it initially didn't sell because they were asking 3million more than the 800 for just a little more distance (300nm or so) and baggage space.

dkte737 said:
They are also trying to get rid of the reduced mach .70-.75 limitation in RVSM to normal .78.
:eek: Say what?! As if Hawkers aren't slow enough, the RVSM mods cause even more speed limitations to the 1000?

Im not speaking for the 800....but when i worked for a corp with 3 1000's, they were cert at the reduced speed do to nose distortion, pitot tube blah blah.

David:eek:

Had a blast in the 1000. Like a family station wagon. Not the fastest for sure, but a very comfortable ride! Sad to see it go.

Why did the 1000 fall "out of favor?" What was its downfall? Do you think most of the current NJA 1000 owners who want to continue with NJA will buy into the Sovereign or the G200? Which aircraft fleet will likely benefit from a reduction of 1000 aircraft?

Is the flight deck that antiquated or does it have some "recent" avionics? Is it not equipped with TCAS?

i would say 25-30% of MY trips are 135....

....falling out of favor? Old and tired.

....replacement? yea, you probably guessed right. I used to fly Susan Buffett around on the 1000 and she said it was her favorite because of range (good) and couch....

.....80 percent have EGPWS

.....only 4-5 a/c have TCASII

.....they will all be RVSM'd....(doest that mean we will get TCAS? I cant remember...):confused:

Latest resources

Back