Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

X-rated

Does anyone know how NetJet’s customers are reacting the Global order? Clearly, the G650 is the top end the market these days, but it’s also quite a bit more expensive. Any idea what the Gulfstream owners think about the Global order? Anyone know how new Global shares are selling? Just curious if the G-faithful are embracing the change. My guess is owners will fall in love with the cabin once the Globals start hitting the line, but I’m wondering if anyone is hearing much from the customers one way or another.

An informal PM poll I had with several NJI Gulfstream pilots after the initial order showed they would have to be pulled "kicking and screaming" from their G450/550s. The pilots I talked to in the older GIVSPs seemed OK with the idea...

From what I have seen and read, that ProLine Fusion cockpit with the new HUD set-up on the Global looked very nice. Unfortunately, I'll never see that in my beat-up, dirty ERJ. :crying::(

Will the soon-to-arrive Global be joined by others soon here in the States? How many Globals expected to arrive for the US operation over the next year or so? Will they directly replace Gulfstreams on a one-for-one basis?

I'm sure it will walk on water, fly itself, and cross the world in luxury like none of NJ's owners have ever seen. Those Gulfstreams are antiquated anyway. Just ask any highly experienced pilot at NJ that doesn't fly one. I know NJ has lost G owners because of the switch. We shall see how the future pans out.

It will be interesting to see what the NJ Globals dispatch reliablity will be....

I have asked 6 G owners so far about this, and they were ok with the Global. Not excited, but OK, as it is NetJets they are buying more than a particular airframe, to my surprise. I thought they would be more wedded to the Gs. :)

I only have limited experience with one new global but they seem to be very finicky and require a watchful maintenance department. Quite an airplane when everything is working properly, though. Maybe the fusion airplanes will be better.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of those Gulfstream customers have actually flown on a Global? I realize Gulfstream customers are probably quite loyal - but the Globals I have personally toured are very roomy and probably compare quite favorably. Now reliability is another matter....

Latest resources

Back