Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stump

All,

How long is it taking folks to move into the larger equipment from the "entry level" equipment at NJA? Do you move back into the right seat when you change equipment type or can you move directly into the left seat if you have the seniority? What are the chances of someone seeing the BBJ in a 15-20 year career there? Thanks.

Stump

Last edited:
Stump said:
What are the chances of someone seeing the BBJ in a 15-20 year career there?
No chance (0). The BBJ will be retired before you get to it. You can bid something larger as an FO after 2 years as seniority allows. You can bid any airplane as PIC when your seniority allows.

If the BBJ wasn't gone or there was an eqivalent large aircraft on the grounds, it would take more than 20 years to get into it. There are way more pilots now than there were when the guys that fly the BBJ were hired to have to bid against. The 2 year equipment lock is pretty short if you think about having 2000 pilots ahead of you. There will always be someone in front of you that is not equiptment locked that will want to fly the BBJ.

As was said, you can bid PIC in any aircraft. But the pay is different for SIC and PIC so it would be costly to lock yourself into a SIC position for 2 years if you could have made a PIC position within that time frame.

Oh, another thing...
You don't have to get hired into the smallest aircraft on the property. You can get hired into the mid size aircraft like the Falcon (classic) or G-200 just the same as you can get hired into the Hawker 400 or the Ultra.

Seeing the BBJ program in your career, I do not think anyone can answer that question. We simply do not know what the future holds. Netjets will have a 121 Certificate in a few months, so it will be interesting to see what happens after that.

Regarding moving up to larger aircraft, the only light I can shed on that is this (according to the current seniority list, it might be about a month old and there have been several bids that have gone more junior to these number):

C-560 - most junior Captain hired 3/05
C-560E - most junior Captain hired 10/04
C-560XL - most junior Captain hired 7/04
C-680 - most junior Captain hired 7/04
C-750 - most junior Captain hired 3/06
DA2000 - most junior Captain hired 7/00
G-200 - most junior Captain hired 8/01
800XPH - most junior Captain hired 2/02
800XPC - most junior Captain hired 4/02
400XP - most junior Captain hired 8/05
BBJ - most junior Captain hired 5/90
DA2000EZ - most junior Captain hired 1/97

Again, some of these might have gone more junior in the last couple of months, but it give you an idea.

I think you have a typo with your 750 capt. most junior 750 capt was hired 5/04.

Also, you have to remember that the 05 new hires now in the 560 and 400XP are not typical. that was a loophole found to increase the wages of any FO senior to those guys who made captain.

Flynetjets said:
Regarding moving up to larger aircraft, the only light I can shed on that is this (according to the current seniority list, it might be about a month old and there have been several bids that have gone more junior to these number):

C-560E - most junior Captain hired 10/04

I'm one of the 10/04 Encore captains and my partner for this tour is also a captain. His hire date, however, is 2/05. He's been a captain for just over a year. He tells me that he is the most junior Encore captain here.

Latest resources

Back