Netjets commuting questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I talked to a NJ guy who knew what was going on as far as "home basing".
Good Luck!

cliff
ILN

Hahha. That's funny. I just saw most of the MEC and IBB Ngotiators days ago.

None of them knew EXACTLY which cities would show up on the 100 city list... much less Fargo.

Here's a way to think of it...

100 cities means that only 2 cities would be offered per state. :eek:

Caveat Emptor.

If you are taking what a line pilot told you as gospel then you will be a very bitter pilot here.

Do us a favor, don't come here. We're tired of new hires regreting their uniformed decisions. We don't want to hear you bitch with the others for the next 3 years.

Call the union and get the facts.

With what is coming down from our MEC about regional basing/bids and the general feeling from the pilot group this IBB thing will be DOA.

It started out as just cleaning up the language and has progressed to a complete re-negotiation of the CBA.

The company can open domiciles anytime and they are choosing not to. Instead they want major give backs that we have fought long and hard for.

If you can live at low pay in 5 high cost of living areas and don't mind being an FO for 3-5 years then come on over. If not then see ya in 2010.

Cliff and all,

As stated above, nothing is definite at this time! Do not believe any of the hype because no one knows what the final document will look like! No one knows what the final document will include at this time either -- I.e. basing, pay, scheduling, hours of operation, etc! Please, do not make any career decisions based on hype and speculation.

These are the only things I know for certain:

-. The negotiating committee is currently in an ongoing form of bargaining with the company.

-. The deadline for this round of bargaining was set as Oct 1st.

-. IF the negotiating committee reaches an agreement by Oct 1st. The leadership will decide whether or not the document has merrit to be presented to the pilot group for a vote.

-. No further timelines have been made public at this time. Therefore, no voting deadline and potential implementation date, in case the document is ratified, have been made public at this time.

Thank You

Hi!

I talked to a NJ guy who knew what was going on as far as "home basing". He asked me where I lived, and how many airlines flew in there. I told him 5 + Allegiant. He said I would have no problem commuting from my home airport. He said Fargo was another example of what type of airport you could commute to.

He said the deal would be done and public in Oct or maybe Sep, and then go to a vote. He told me to get my stuff in now.

Good Luck!

cliff
ILN

Last edited:
Hahha. That's funny. I just saw most of the MEC and IBB Ngotiators days ago.

None of them knew EXACTLY which cities would show up on the 100 city list... much less Fargo.

Here's a way to think of it...

100 cities means that only 2 cities would be offered per state. :eek:

Not Alaska or Hawaii. So that opens up four more.

Hi!

Currently, getting your application takes at least a week, and it can take much longer.

Once you get your app, it is taking at least 3 months to get an interview.

If you get hired, you can wait several months, if you so desire, to start a class date with NetJets.

So, from the start of the process to getting into Indoc is taking about 5 months MINIMUM and can take up to 6-8 months.

If you start the process now, you should know what the new basing policy (IF a new one is voted in) well before even your interview date.

Good Luck to You!

cliff
ILN

Stupid Question

Say you are based at TEB and elect to drive (about 4 hours from my current home in northern VA). Where do you park? Is the comapny repsonsible to get you all the way back to TEB or to one of the NYC-area airports (JFK, LGA, or EWR)?

Thanks in advance.

You park at the fbo in teb. Worst aviation.

If you airline back or to it is the companies responsibility to get you to and from teb with duty time. ie. Sedan

To add to Diesel's post, the company has the option of also starting you at the one so-called satellite airport that's been designated for the TEB domicile, which is HPN.

If the company assigns you to start your tour at HPN, you have to report there and the company is responsible for parking fees, if any. Also, the company is responsible for returning you to HPN at the end of the tour within your duty time limit.

Latest resources

Back