Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
Anyone have much info on them? Hard to find much concrete about them other than the schedule.

Yes. I was offered a job there, and turned it down; don't go there. You won't like it.

net jets middle east

AVBUG
How come you did not like it, or what was it you did not like about the offer?

Got an interview on Sunday in the UK.

X man

I think you'll find the interview professional and those doing the interviewing cordial. There's been a turnover in management personnel, and as far as I know the NJME guys are still getting the 35/31 deal, but the rest of NAS, the partent company for NJME, is seeing high attrition rates and declines in favorable conditions...they went from month on month off to two one and two weeks off.

In Saudi, you'll always be a second class citizen, worked hard, put away wet, with no respect, and under the law, your very life is officially worth half that of an arab.

When I was invited for an interview, I began researching the company, and like me, you've probably found that precious little information is available. I've found more information on covert operations before, when preppng for an interview, than I have with NJME...that part disturbed me.

During the interview, NJME refused to discuss salary. I was told I would receive the salary information only if offered a job. When I was offered the job, the salary wasn't very good, and it was less than was offered to others in my interview group...others with less experience.

When we did the sim portion of the interview, it was in an unfamiliar aircraft (regional airliner, I forget which). I was the last one in the sim, and at that point I had been in the interview for nearly twelve hours. My sim partner was a member of senior management. Neither he, nor I, nor the person running the sim knew anything about the aircraft. The person running the sim was the director of operations.

During the takeoff, I got a Christmas tree...all sorts of annunciators. I aborted successfully. The sim buddy complemented the abort, then asked why I aborted. I pointed to the annunciators, and he nodded. They reset the sim. I took off, experienced an engine failure, then was told to continue on a departure. I did steep turns, and I believe they wanted a stall approach to the shaker. One engine. Then vectors for an ILS. It wasn't a pretty ride, but ended successfully.

When we got out of the sim, I was asked how I thought I did. I told them I wasn't impressed with my performance, and they said not to worry, the person before me had crashed during the approach. Rolled inverted and crashed. He was offered a job.

I got my offer in the mail, and was given nine days to respond. I didn't like the salary, nor the aircraft, nor the lack of information. I elected not to respond. NJME contacted me several times after that, including by phone in the middle of the night, to demand a response, and then I never heard from them again.

I just came from the middle east, and had plenty of occasions to run into their crews, and spent some time based at an airport where NAS had an office. I'll let you make up your own mind, but don't say you weren't warned.

I can't describe incidents I've encountered from others who went there, but they weren't good. I will say that when I was at the interview location, I ran into two of their pilots at the hotel. I asked them about their opinion regarding the company, and they turned their back and said over their shoulder that they would not talk about it, because they were afraid for their jobs. That says a lot right there.

I think you'll find the interview professional and those doing the interviewing cordial. There's been a turnover in management personnel, and as far as I know the NJME guys are still getting the 35/31 deal, but the rest of NAS, the partent company for NJME, is seeing high attrition rates and declines in favorable conditions...they went from month on month off to two one and two weeks off.

In Saudi, you'll always be a second class citizen, worked hard, put away wet, with no respect, and under the law, your very life is officially worth half that of an arab.

When I was invited for an interview, I began researching the company, and like me, you've probably found that precious little information is available. I've found more information on covert operations before, when preppng for an interview, than I have with NJME...that part disturbed me.

During the interview, NJME refused to discuss salary. I was told I would receive the salary information only if offered a job. When I was offered the job, the salary wasn't very good, and it was less than was offered to others in my interview group...others with less experience.

When we did the sim portion of the interview, it was in an unfamiliar aircraft (regional airliner, I forget which). I was the last one in the sim, and at that point I had been in the interview for nearly twelve hours. My sim partner was a member of senior management. Neither he, nor I, nor the person running the sim knew anything about the aircraft. The person running the sim was the director of operations.

During the takeoff, I got a Christmas tree...all sorts of annunciators. I aborted successfully. The sim buddy complemented the abort, then asked why I aborted. I pointed to the annunciators, and he nodded. They reset the sim. I took off, experienced an engine failure, then was told to continue on a departure. I did steep turns, and I believe they wanted a stall approach to the shaker. One engine. Then vectors for an ILS. It wasn't a pretty ride, but ended successfully.

When we got out of the sim, I was asked how I thought I did. I told them I wasn't impressed with my performance, and they said not to worry, the person before me had crashed during the approach. Rolled inverted and crashed. He was offered a job.

I got my offer in the mail, and was given nine days to respond. I didn't like the salary, nor the aircraft, nor the lack of information. I elected not to respond. NJME contacted me several times after that, including by phone in the middle of the night, to demand a response, and then I never heard from them again.

I just came from the middle east, and had plenty of occasions to run into their crews, and spent some time based at an airport where NAS had an office. I'll let you make up your own mind, but don't say you weren't warned.

I can't describe incidents I've encountered from others who went there, but they weren't good. I will say that when I was at the interview location, I ran into two of their pilots at the hotel. I asked them about their opinion regarding the company, and they turned their back and said over their shoulder that they would not talk about it, because they were afraid for their jobs. That says a lot right there.

X man has spent a wee bit of time in the middle east, I got to meet him in Riyadh.

That one was thing I found while looking online for NJME, there was not much info for salary, and it seemed like there were no set salary guidelines.

Njme

I was quoted $70,000 per annum as a starting FO, with a top out of 96,000, which is captains pay, I just left the ME, based in Riyadh, so what is coming is no suprise. what I do like is the commute stuff, you leave you forget the job, you are there , you work hard, count the days. I spent 11 months and in that time saw the family only three weeks when I took emergency leave, so the commute is everything. I talked with many NJME crews, americans, aussies, new zealanders, everybody seemed there for the long term or until you break out the fly rod full time, so I will see what happens. I wish you luck where ever you end up.
The info on the salaries was through another agency based in that place in NJ with the crummy circling approach.

X man:beer:

Latest resources

Back