• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need input from Challenger folks....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By our third hour we are down to 1500-1600 pph, so that would buy another 1.5-2.0 of flight time. I would say 700-900 nm at 460 kt TAS.

Last edited:
Lots of rumors floating around about a 300XR- another 3,000 (+/-) lb of fuel, increased gross weight, dual IRS, additional pack, additional outflow valve, and a plug in the fuselage to extend the cabin. Everything the 300 needs to be a great international airplane. It'll put the 604/605 model out of business.

Ours has been great and extremely reliable.

Heard the same thing from the folks at Bombardier DFW

I heard that as well at Simuflite up in MMU, I think if it happens, it will do well however, I think it will Kill the 604/605 also....not sure if Bombardier really wants to do that but hey, Im just a pilot so what do I know..lol.

I heard that as well at Simuflite up in MMU, I think if it happens, it will do well however, I think it will Kill the 604/605 also....not sure if Bombardier really wants to do that but hey, Im just a pilot so what do I know..lol.

That's their plan. The 605 line will cease and the 300XR will be the bridge between the Lear 85 and the Global line. This is after the Lear 85 and the new Global 8000's are out or so I've been told.

I'm gettin hypoxic

In a CL300 - Six hours at cruise with a 7900 cabin (at FL450). Sounds like fun:rolleyes:. They need a second pack and to up the Delta P. Either that or they need to make a therapeutic O2 mask standard equipment.

Not sure what kind of cabin the 605 holds. I know that the Global is pretty decent.

Last edited:
I'd imagine when you're stuck at 37,000-39,000 feet for eight hours in a 605, the cabin is fairly low. I'd take a 7,500' cabin in a CL300 above the weather and the winds any day of the week.

Of course I'm always wearing a mask at that altitude so it doesn't matter what I fly.;)

I was just thinking of the pax.:crying:

Anyone have the latest on the 300 rumor mill? Looks like we're taking a January delivery now and kinda hoping we'll end up with a few improvements in the process. Only thing i know is brushless DCMP's are imminent. Would like to see a paper blessing for more ramp weight. They're making the BOW on these new ones pretty heavy.

Bombardier keeps saying there will be new DCMPs produced soon, but the manufacturer isn't helping the process. This was briefly discussed at the last Advisory Committee Meeting, but there are no updates. Bombardier has been promising new DCMPs for a couple of years, nothing yet, doubt there's anything in the works. They'll have to outfit 350+ Challenger 300s with new DCMPs, I doubt they're in a hurry to spend that kind of money.

Increased ramp weight would be great. I've not heard anything in the rumor mill about a higher ramp/takeoff weight in the works.

I'd be curious to hear what information Bombardier gives you about your airplane in January- anything new and improved......

I'd be curious to hear what information Bombardier gives you about your airplane in January- anything new and improved......

Probably the same info they gave us 20 months ago when we got ours...

Oh, its coming!

Latest resources

Back