Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need help with aircraft comparisons please!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish he were in the market for the Falcon......great airplanes, but unfortunately it will definately be a Citation of some sort. Just trying to figure out the best option for him. He's ultimately got to decide weather extra seats and cabin space in the ultra or encore is more important than the baggage capacity of the CJ models. Thanks!!!

I wish he were in the market for the Falcon......great airplanes, but unfortunately it will definately be a Citation of some sort. Just trying to figure out the best option for him. He's ultimately got to decide weather extra seats and cabin space in the ultra or encore is more important than the baggage capacity of the CJ models. Thanks!!!

Once he gets used to a larger cabin, he'll wonder how he got along with out it. FWIW, the Lear 40/45 have a ton on external baggage and great range. We took one across the pond (with stops of course) with six pax, no problem! I know you said single pilot, just my . $02.

I was just looking at the amount to be spent...BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

Swamp - http://www.omnijet.com/doc/ has a good comparison of Direct Operating Costs to give you a feel... Fairly accurate however all numbers are low as they do not include salaries, hangar, etc. Add $1000 / hour for most light jets for a more realistic DOC #.

...also take him to an actual citation and let him see if that cabin will work for him. The CJs/550's are small in comparison to his 350. That might change his mind...

Opps.... Forgot to mention we fly single pilot.

You know this isn't really an obstacle; there are plenty of pilots on the street willing to do the job for a fair price. Heck, go nuts and hire 2 pilots and actually be able to schedule a vacation!

I know... guess I worded it wrong. I have seen so many people think they can operate a CJ for under 2000/month and that simply doesn't happen unless you fly more than 400 hrs a year.

Thanks for all the info guys...Yes I wish I didn't fly single pilot and I wish the bosses budget was more but it will be nice to have two levers instead of 6 again.

...Dude, single pilot rocks! Minus its nice to have a wing-man to take care of the fat ones :)

Latest resources

Back