• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nac

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They recently hired an old friend of mine. Starting pay from what I hear is the 35K range, Captains are into 6 figures. Just had a new hire class recently.

ANC schedules are out and backs, home every night. They've had some lower 48 charter work but I don't know what they're doing now.

All of the above is internet rumor. There's a least one of their guys on APC and another on P P W. They're definitely very high on my list after I get done at my current gig.

Pay is nothing to get excited about. Start at 35k 1st year, about 50 2nd year. New captains are maybe 100ish

On the FO side, Laredo tends to go senior because you can make an extra 1200/mo in Per Diem and travel pay. Also, it gets you away from having to deal with the less than ideal on time performance in ANC.

Laredo is 17-18 days on, 14ish days off.

ANC is 12 days off / month

ANC lines you're home in ANC every night.

Right now upgrades are about 2 and a half years. But no one knows what the future holds. They keep trying to find new contracts to expand, but since I've been here nothing has changed.

Pay is nothing to get excited about. Start at 35k 1st year, about 50 2nd year. New captains are maybe 100ish

On the FO side, Laredo tends to go senior because you can make an extra 1200/mo in Per Diem and travel pay. Also, it gets you away from having to deal with the less than ideal on time performance in ANC.

Laredo is 17-18 days on, 14ish days off.

ANC is 12 days off / month

ANC lines you're home in ANC every night.

Right now upgrades are about 2 and a half years. But no one knows what the future holds. They keep trying to find new contracts to expand, but since I've been here nothing has changed.
Judging by your experience it looks like you're former Amflight? Did you have any AK time when you got hired? Currently in the lower 48 anticipating an upgrade into the Metro at my current position and would love to parley that experience into a slot at NAC in the future. Already have 1,900 hours AK. Any insights you've got are appreciated.

I was working for another company in ANC before I came to NAC. There does seem to be a preference towards people with an AK connection.

PIC in anything bigger than a Caravan or Navajo will make you competitive hiring here if its at one of the AK airlines.

Latest resources

Back