• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My response to SWA package!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really want to go there? Let me ask you a question. Who's the bigger scab airline past or present...CAL, UAL or AAI? You can break it down with total numbers or ratios, whatever you want.

Whether you use ratios or numbers, we don't even come close to CAL or UAL.

I haven't been an FO for awhile but as a matter of fact, yes. I don't make judgments, I just listen to their perspective and offer mine.

What 6 months. I bet your a joy to fly with, seems you have captainittis . SO how long have you been at AT, 7- 8 years?

PCL,

Whether you use ratios or numbers, we don't even come close to CAL or UAL.

That was a rhetorical question...I was making a point to KP! They didn't cover this at GIA?

D

Interesting, you said you worked around the time period of the EAL strike which was in 1989 (22 years). Assuming you are 45 like you claim, you were just an eager beaver 23 year old new to the industry, hardly a wise old owl like you claim in one of your many condescending "classy" retorts. Tell me, when you were a hungry 23 year old in 1989, were you tempted to cross the line at LeJeune Road to the EAL training center? I heard there are (were) a few at SWA.

I've never claimed to wise, old or an owl.

I have, however, been around the industry my entire life (dad was a Pan Am/Delta pilot), and have been working as an airline pilot in scheduled service for almost 25 years. Between my previous airline shutting down and SW, I did 4 months of that at DHL, if that counts.

I was, even at the tender age of 24, wise enough to pass on the EAL interview, 3 months before the strike, since I saw the writing on the wall and would never scab in any case. This is more than I can say about the vast majority of original VJ guys.

I don't know about LeJeune Rd, but I did cross 36th street to go to my Pan Am interview in April '89. I also gladly paid my ALPA strike assessment during the EAL strike and beyond.

I've been furloughed, bought, downgraded, upgraded, pay cut, pay raise, chapter 11'd, closed down, new hired, interviewed etc. enough times to know that you guys have a stellar opportunity here, even if your Entitled, Sensitive New Age Pilot sensibilities can't/won't accept it.

There are plenty of pilots out there who would be happy to trade places with the AAI guys now, but you already know that.

I haven't been an FO for awhile but as a matter of fact, yes. I don't make judgments, I just listen to their perspective and offer mine.

Here's some more perspective.

I hadn't been an FO for 8 years when I got hired as an FO at SW. I was your age too and it was the best decision I ever made, jobwise.

Retards with no reading comprehension, apparently.

How horrible must this information have been to get everyone spooled up? In this packet were there threats against ALPA? Was there the threat of a raid? Were there empty promises? Anything negative said about your merger committee or MEC leadership? What did SWAPA do besides give you information that's good to know?

A buddy of mine from my UPT at Reese is at AAI and showed me the booklet thingy over FaceTime on our iPads. It looks real nice and takes his credit hours and applies SWA rates to them...holy crap! All I can say is that is a lot of dough to be left on the table. Insurance info was cool too. Going from his current pay to what was in the brochure is HUGE. That's not a little and irrelevant raise - that's life changing. We're talking a big difference in life options at that level of income. Hell, I wish I made what SWA FOs were making...at a minimum they are above most industry Captains.

He didn't show me every page and wasn't irritated by the information either. At this point he feels like there is so little information that anything he gets is welcome provided it's not the same ole BS from the company. He also added that all forums are bull$hi+ and they are comprised of the same 15 - 20 people spreading their version of reality, and that reality is not the view of the majority. He has told me that all he wants out of this deal is to not go to the bottom of a list, make more money and have a better career outlook than he had before.

Everyone chillax and think about the good and not focus on the bad stuff for once. Remember, most would kill to be in both your shoes.

Latest resources

Back