• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My 1200 pic SWA question!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will be a traditional guard guy in about 4 months and I really do not want to go back to the regional job, and would bum rather than fly the line waiting for the call? Last thing I want to do is go thru 8 weeks of more training just to get the additional 100hours.

Does Southwest hire whiners?
Lots of regional guys at Southwest and maybe some on the hiring board. Don't forget that they like to see you've been flying.
Sorry you feel that regional stuff is so far beneath you.
BTW they seem to be calling guys around the 1700 hour mark. Not sure what they're doing on the military side. Majority of guys going to class are civvie types.
What makes you think you're even going to be called? Lots of guys have had their apps in for quite a while and the phone is strangely silent.

To further the question... Since I am sitting on 1200 and will not update anymore until I am back flying the line, will my app. be tossed out due to inactivity?

The app will sit in the system for the time being. If they upgrade the system, at some time it may get tossed, but that probably won't happen this year.

Latest resources

Back