• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
surplus1,

1. You would know if you see me or read my name. Of course you may mistake me for being Hispanic, but its easy to identify people of various races.

2. I wish more people shared that attitude.

3. see #2

And for your last question, I also agree strongly with a seperation of church and state. Every state in the world that is led by a religious leader is not nearly as developed or advanced as a secular state, including all Muslim countries, the Vatican, etc etc.

If you meet the competitive minimums, have a clean flying record, and posess a positive attitude, you will prevail in the airline industry. I personally know several muslim pilots at my airline. They are all fine pilots and great people.

What I do not like in the cockpit is anyone who would bring up or try to debate religous issues with me. I've had a pilot try to "save" me before. After explaining to him that I do attend the Presbyterrian church, went to Episcopal school from kindergarten to 8th grade, then Catholic high school before college, all he could do was ask me if I "really knew the Lord". I almost clocked him. You would think that I was on my way to hell for drinking a few beers on a layover. I also had a Jewish pilot try to argue politics regarding the U.S., and the way it handles problems in the Middle East long before Sept. 11th. He holds Isreali citizenship as well as American citizenship and all he could do is bash the U.S. to me. He brought up the subject at a hotel restaurant/bar and preached to me for 2 hours. After listening intently I asked him why he chose to live in the U.S., and why he didn't just move to another country with better leadership and fly for one of their airlines. He couldn't come up with an answer.

Leave religion out of the cockpit. If some "save the world" person does make it through your airline's interview process and preaches his/her version of whatever religion he/she believes is the only "real" religion, just kindly ask them to keep it to themselves.

IAHERJ

Jesus said,"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me." He said it I believe it and its good enough for me. John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved."John 3:16,17

773-
Whether you are Jewish, Irish, Polish, Muslim, Black, white, or purple that is absolutely irrelevant and anyone who thinks otherwise already has a preconceived opinion regarding 'certain" groups and religions. What is however abit odd is that you stated you were "Muslim" and I am unsure what your logic was for doing this.- YOU will be judged on your skills, credentials, accomplishments, positives, judgement and your overall knowledge of aviation when the time presents itself for you to obtain employment as a pilot NOT based upon your religion or "personal" beliefs- "Religions" and "personal life" preferences aren't part of any flows or checks that I am aware of-

I haven't flown with any Muslim pilots as of yet BUT when the time presents itself I am 100% sure it will be a "normal" experience and all will go as expected-

Good Luck to you and stay positive..

Cheers
3 5 0

Reality Check!

In 1972, at the Summer Olympics in Munich, Israeli athletes were taken
hostage and killed by:
(a) Scottish Highlanders
(b) Sonny and Cher
(c) The Viet Cong
(d) Muslim males mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
(a) Norwegians from Ballard;
(b) Elvis;
(c) A tour bus full of 80-year-old women; or
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
(a) A pizza delivery boy;
(b) Crazed feminists complaining that being able to throw a grenade
beyond its own burst radius was an unfair and sexist requirement in
basic training;
(c) Gerardo Rivera making up for a slow news day; or

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
(a) Luca Brazzi, for not being given a part in "Godfather 2;"
(b) The Tooth Fairy;
(c) Butch and Sundance who had a few sticks of dynamite left over from
the train mission, or,

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
(a) Mr. Rogers;
(b) Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems;
(c) The World Wrestling Federation to promote its next villain:
"Mustapha the Merciless;" or

On October 12 of 2000, the USS Cole was blown up by a small boat
carrying explosives by:
(a) 2 US Postal Workers who were disgusted with the mail service on US
warships;
(b) 2 Fed Ex employess trying to deliver a fresh load of ammunition;
(c) 2 UPS workers who were tired of wearing their brown uniforms while
sweating it out driving their big brown trucks and decided to make a
statement about "how hot it could get";
(d) 2 Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed thousands of
Innocent lives by:
(a) Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd;
(b) The Supreme Court of Florida trying to outdo the liberals fantasy
about their attempted hijacking of the 2000 Presidential election;
(c) Mr. Bean;

Hmmm ............. nope, no patterns anywhere

It's important to understand that saying that x percent of terrorists are Muslims (as RJ is pointing out) does NOT imply anything about the percentage of Muslims that are terrorists. The vast majority of serial killers are "White Males mostly between the ages of 17 and 40". What does that tell us about white males?

Absolutely nothing.

I fly fighters every day as an instructor for Arab-Islamics. While one-on-one they are generally very pleasant folks, I can tell you--without writing about 100 pages--that in their culture's eyes we are infidels who are undeserving of God's grace.

Also, to a man, they believe that Israel was behind 9-11.

They want Israel off the map. Yesterday. If they had the guts the smarts and the means to do it they would.

I live it every day. All the stereotypes you can imagine are, by-and-large, true.

Pilot 773, though you may encounter a few people in the United States who are as ignorant and narrow-minded as the general Middle Eastern Arab-Islamic population, you probably won't encounter much job discrimination. Good luck to you.

Look at this,from a story dated 4-7-02:
"In Lebanon, some 200 young children dressed as suicide bombers with mock explosives strapped round their waists led a rally of 5,000 Palestinian refugees who threatened to attack embassies and hijack planes if harm came to their leader Yasser Arafat.
Tens of thousands marched through Damascus. Thousands took to the streets of Barcelona and 5,000 marched peacefully through Sweden's second city Gothenburg.
Thousands of Turks also demonstrated against Israel for the third day running.
At least one million people filled the streets of Rabat, authorities said, with organizers tripling that number to three million protesters in support of the Palestinians."

"Children dressed as suicide bombers"? WTF ? Maybe these loons are a minority of Muslims worldwide,but that's still a huge amount of people.Make no mistake-Muslims are a very real threat to the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back