Multi Engine Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BamBamJet

One of my students is looking to get his Multi and wants to know of any 2 day Multi rating places in the Midwest. Preferably in Illinois. I know it is basically just a "widow maker" but he wants to have it to have, not use (basically he has the money!).

Please help

Perhaps not exactly the Midwest, but All ATP's has facilities in Bowling Green, KY and in Chicago, IL. They advertise a 10-hour multi course.

I took their 2-day MEI at the Bowling Green facility. It was satisfactory.

Actually, ATP is a 4-day initial multi rating. I just finished it and was very impressed. But it is the instructor that makes it worthwhile.

I am about to enrollee in ATP's ASAP program to build some time.

Anyone have any experience with that program?

Best Multi Deal

A company I have flown with used to have a post on this forum but I don't see it now. The company is Daniel's Aviation, Inc. They have excellent aircraft and the absolute best instructors. The web site is www.danielsaviation.com. I see they have a deal now on Multi Engine time for $99.99 per hour. Also the Career Pilot Program they have puts ATP's to shame as far as quality, benefit, and bang for the dollar. You would do yourself a favor to check them out.

There is a school that has a 2 day program in Bloomington/Normal, IL. I have heard good things about the program but have not looked into it myself.

From what I have heard it is a husband/wife school and all they do is multi training.

I could drudge up some more information if you would like me to.

Iceman21 said:
There is a school that has a 2 day program in Bloomington/Normal, IL. I have heard good things about the program but have not looked into it myself.

From what I have heard it is a husband/wife school and all they do is multi training.

I could drudge up some more information if you would like me to.

One of my students recently went to this place. It is in Peoria, IL. I don't have the number, but you can call Byerly Aviation and they can direct you to these people. It is a Beech Travel Air. You WILL pass. After you get this rating, you will need to get some REAL training. It was good for my student, because he would never finish the rating otherwise. Now, we have no checkride concerns and I instruct him to proficiency. I think it worked out quite well in his case.

If you are looking to be a professional pilot someday, I would not recommend this. Go to a good school and get good instruction from the start.

JetPilot500

JetPilot500 said:
One of my students recently went to this place. It is in Peoria, IL. I don't have the number, but you can call Byerly Aviation and they can direct you to these people. It is a Beech Travel Air
JetPilot500

Do you know if they do ATP rides? If so, do you have their contact info? Thanks..

EMTOO

The company is called EMTOO. The owners are an old couple with thousands of hours between them. Im in a flight club located in hangars near theirs. I will call my old flight instructor and see if i can't find a number. However, due to rising insurance costs, they are thinking of closing their operation this summer. Im not sure yet if they are. The Husband is an FAA examiner, he gave me my private liscense, i dont know if they do ATPs or not, i will check into that. Ill get back with more info

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back