Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KeroseneSnorter

Robust Member
Ok, Since the snowboard thread was started, and both are bad for your flying, Any other dirt bikers out there?

My current weapon of choice is a YZ.

Awww come on, there has to be other airline/corporate types that still ride, my buddy and I can't be the only geezers that like to fly without wings!!

When we sat reserve in base it was a good time killer, We couldn't have been the only guys in the airline industry that had motocrossers at the crash pad!! It sure beat watching skinemax, eating cheetos, and seeing your A$$ grow!

Not talking about racing, too old for that stuff anymore. I have met several guys from various airlines out on the trails and track. We let the 16 and 17 year old's scoot by and give them a good sympathy grimace when they eat it.

Last edited:
Yeah I like to ride but I can't figure out how to and listen to the phone at the same time. We only have 15 minutes to call back.

A little creative use of velcro and a sewing machine (wife or girlfriend) and I came up with a cell phone mount for the bars. Just keep tabs on the new voice mail display.

I wouldnt recomend it for mud bogging or stream crossings but it worked well enough!

Short call was tough, had to work those PT times and know where you fell in the days pecking order. Long call was great though. Plenty of time to clean up the bike and yourself and head to the airport.

One good thing I can say about being furloughed and now flying corporate is there is plenty of time to fish and bike!!!! Still on call, but got lucky with my current employer. I have never had a trip I didn't know about at least 24 hours in advance.

I have a CR 250.
Been riding the desert and trails around Southern California for 25 years. Don't ride as often as I used to, but still like charging up some monster hill and then try to figure out the easy way down. Had a couple YZ 250's and a CR125 in the past.
I follow the Supercross/Motocross every week on the internet webcast and go to Anaheim Supercross most every year.

A turd in OH!

I'm here for you baby! Curently, I'm pushing a CR125. As far as Ohio trails go that's almost enough, almost! Thinking about competing next year, not that I'd be in the mix, but **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** it would be a rush! BTW how about winter X, I love that crap!

Big Honda fan here!!! I started on the CR 80, upgraded to a CR 125, now I'm on a CR 250. It's the best workout a pilot can get, both mentally and phyically. Nothing beats hitting a tripple, 6th gear, balls to the wall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOW...........

It deffinitly compares (hands down) to a ADF approach down to mins............(it's an aviation board., I had to relate some how)

I ride a CR450F (love those thumpers!) and my son rides a YZ250, with a couple of RM125s and my old heavy Stroker exceserized and still slow KLX300 sitting as backup in the garage.
I ride nothing but trails and a few local hare scrambles while my son rides both motocross and woods. Those new KX thumpers appear to be very promising bikes.

hmmm...there was a time i used to wring out a CR 125, until i hit a sinkhole in a thicket of mesquite bushes (they arent trees, and i refuse to call em other than bushes) and ended up leaving one of my knuckles underneath that particular bush. two surgeries later and i coldnt get the smell of 2 stroke out of my blood, so i went back to my 4 wheeler roots and picked up an '87 Quadzilla bored and ported to a 532cc single cylinder monster...ive yet to have any of the new-fangled thumpers keep up with me on the straight-a-ways :D

Knew there had to be some of you out there! I'm on a yz 426 now. First motox thumper I have owned. I love it, no more pre mix, less maint. and it has the added bonus of an anti theft device..........Since your average theif has no idea how to start it!!!!:D

Now if they will just let me build that three mile track around the edge of the runway at my home base I will be set!

Any of you pilot/Motorcycle types in the southeast? Sounds like a good road trip, A weekend of bike riding and telling lies about aviation! If I can figure out how to stuff a YZ into a Citation we can add all the west coasters into the mix!:cool:

Latest resources

Back