• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Questions For Netjets Types...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am on the reserve schedule (18 day sched), and I just did my first trip that was only 4 days. But now I will either do another 4 day trip this week, or I will be off for 11 days straight. (this under the old system).

Next month under the "fixed sched", I am "scheduled" for a 6 day trip, followed by 3 off, then 6 on. I do have the last 7 days of the month off.

Coming from an airline background, the 7 day trips, do get long, but the job security and variety make up for that.

Sorry, but I haven't been on this board in awhile, and am starting some research on the FRAX industry. 10 years at Eagle, and a possible sale have me contemplating my future, and trying to figure out just what it is that has kept me in the airlines.

I guess the big question is the schedule. 7/7 is pretty self explanitory, but the 15 day and the 18 day are a little fuzzy. Could someone post an example of these? I live in the DFW area, and have small kids that I like to be with, so would I ever see them?

I saw the payrates on http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com and was quite impressed, especially for first year dudes. Question is, what's a reasonable estimate of the actual year one pay? At AE, we are pretty crafty when it comes to maximizing pay using OT, TTOT, and regs while still maintaining 14-16 days off. Are there ways to increase pay over base salary and still get the time at home?

Thanks for the info.
First year FO on 7/7 minimum Gross $65,000 including per dieum, OT, etc...Rough guess.:)

I love the 7&7 schedule. I have a wife who is a stay at home mom and 3 kids.

I'll tell you that when I was working for and commuting on the airlines I was sleeping in my own bed 6 to 8 nights a month for $40,000 a year. I'm now making a BASE salary of $118,000 on the 18 day fixed, and will spend 12 days a month in my own bed at least.

Did you hear that our medical, dental, and vision are 100% covered by the company? The 401k is arguably the best in the INDUSTRY. 50% match up to 15% of your salary, with a "catch up" for the guys who need it.

Crew food AND per diem of $40.80 a day (domestic)

Excellent hotels. (No more motel 6 or clarion. Hilton, Hyatt, Embassy Suites, Conrad, Etc.)

How do you like dealing with TSA every day?

The point is, TRUST ME. Your wife will like it.

The point is, TRUST ME. Your wife will like it.

Speaking of that... My wife and I just booked our vacation; my first since I started flying for NetJets a little over a year ago. We booked top-rated Hiltons all the way, for six nights, and roundtrip, positive-space airfare.

The hotel's free, the airfare's free, and the extra pay from the holiday I'm working (today) will probably pay for the rental car and most of the meals.

The smile on her face said it all. We haven't been able to afford a real vacation before. Now, not only can we afford it, but we don't need to pay for the travel expenses because of all the points I've earned.

It's nice.

do you have to serve meals to the dudes/dudettes in the back? sounds like a good gig, but i dont really want to play FA very much.

thanks

do you have to serve meals to the dudes/dudettes in the back? sounds like a good gig...

You're required by FAR to be at your pilot station unless you're up for physiological needs. You're not a flight attendant. As a pilot of a non-FA airplane, you'll set up the catering (there's a big drawer for it) before the passengers get to the plane, and point it out to them. They'll serve themselves in flight.

If an owner wants inflight service, he can arrange for an attendant to go on the flight, but serving meals/drinks is not a pilot duty.

That said, if I get up to do something (use the lav, get my crew meal, stretch my legs, or whatever), I'll ask if anyone needs anything while I'm up. But not much inflight service beyond that, other than helping them find something in the galley, or helping with the entertainment system.

...i dont really want to play FA very much.
Well, it is very much a personal service job. You'll be giving one-on-one safety demonstrations, pointing out exits, stowing/loading bags, etc. It's not just climbing into the cockpit to go flying; there's a lot of side work that goes along with it, both before and after the flight. But yeah, it's a good gig.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer. I think we are on the same page...I enjoy the one on one interaction with pax on the ground and occasionally in flight. (no jokes!) I dont want to be expected to be back there mixing drinks and serving meals during flight. It is not safe or professional. But i dont mind loading bags and doing the safety briefs etc...

Thanks for the answer. I think we are on the same page...I enjoy the one on one interaction with pax on the ground and occasionally in flight. (no jokes!) I dont want to be expected to be back there mixing drinks and serving meals during flight. It is not safe or professional. But i dont mind loading bags and doing the safety briefs etc...

As a pilot for NJs, you will be expected to do a handful of duties while on the ground (clean the plane, throw bags, load catering, brief the pax). Once the plane leaves the ground, you are a pilot.

thats cool...i like that stuff. how long are typical overnites nowadays...i seem to remember that you guys used to work 14 hours days everyday with a 10 hour RON and then back to it. has it gotten better?
also, in general on your first day when you commercial to meet the plane do you also work that day or is it strictly travel?

thats cool...i like that stuff. how long are typical overnites nowadays...i seem to remember that you guys used to work 14 hours days everyday with a 10 hour RON and then back to it. has it gotten better?
also, in general on your first day when you commercial to meet the plane do you also work that day or is it strictly travel?

Long days are more typical. Seems like after the new IBB, not as much overtime. Days seem to be right at the 12 hour point. Day 1, havent started before 8am since IBB (overtime opportunity).

Day 1, is a work day. You might fly a lot, or you might not fly at all.

If you dont want to work (fly), and you want lots of hotel time, this is not the job for you. Remember, every week is different, and every fleet is different.

Latest resources

Back