More MidEx Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is very sad

Approximately another 75 pilots to hit the street -- some of these individuals were furloughed after 9-11, recalled, to be re-furloughed. There are approximately 350 pilots on property (including management pilots). There are approximately 50 more on the street from the original furlough.

Management are also scheduled to have wage & benefit reductions.

There are more changes announced -- maybe someone else will finish this posting!!

So if I read this correctly, they furloughed 75 MORE pilots today and that is in addition to about 50 who are already out on the street? Making a total of 125 furloughs?

75 furloughs announced is a correct #

I don't know how many were furloughed or recalled as OF this new development...but 75 furloughs WERE announced. My friend is an FO at Midwest for several years now and he is getting rid of his MKE apartment and being furloughed.

Here are two news releases from the MKE Journal....it's local news that was not available on AP Newswire at the time this announcement was posted...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15180

Last edited:
100 or so originally furloughed. Of those, approx 55 or so got recalled.

So Midex will have a total of 75 new pilots on the street, 55 of which were previously laid off, plus the 45 or so still on the street.

So the 125 to 130 TOTAL pilots on the street is accurate.

Latest resources

Back