• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Mesa UA flying gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's up to the good guys to see that the horse stays down. It's much better for everyone.

No you're not the good guy, you're just an idiot. they've been working under a low contract which they had nothing to do with and the last TA was signed when the company was worth about 3 million dollars and they're about to liquidate anyways. You have no idea what you're talking about involving the pilots.

Mesa weeded me out of the interview process by trying to charge me a $50 application fee. That alone was enough to not apply. I was looking for a job to make money, not spend money.

Anyone that did PFT has had the opportunity to leave that Regional. So don't bring up PFT in this conversation. If you decided not to and go to Mesa you are unemployed at a major right now or you decided not to leave.

Not true. It's the other way around. The Mesa pilots couldn't get a job at a decent regional, applied at Mesa and were hired. No smart person would work for an airline that requires you to sleep on a board in the airplane on a CDO. That place can't get shut down quick enough. Time for bankruptcy!!!

Actually, many Mesa pilots (me included) were hired by AirMidwest. I was quite happy flying my 1900 out of a base 45 minutes drive from my home. But that was probably before you received your license. Facts usually run deeper than memory.

Well said...I also know many Mesa guys at JB, SWA and Airtran..Also be careful what you say once you get on a Mesa JS and don't screw it up for the rest of your company.

Nothing would please me more than to have SEVEN try and get on my jump seat

Still got a few copies of my NO vote from 7 years ago. Now im gettn the boot from net jets and I would rather be living under a bridge than making OrnSTAIN another dime. Seems like yesterday that 92 folks were leaving a month. Best of luck to my friends still there!

Sorry to hear that. I know guys from both my previous job and current that went to NJ That are in your shoes, sucks a$$ man.

Mesa faces trouble after United ends flying pact; 50-seat RJs now a liability?
Comments 8 | Recommend 3 11/9/2009 4:13:27 PM from USA TODAY

Trouble could be looming for regional carrier Mesa Air Group following news that its contract to fly for United has been has not been renewed. The Associated Press writes Mesa "said Friday that United Airlines did not extend an agreement under which Mesa operated 26 regional jets for the larger carrier. Mesa operates the CRJ-200 aircraft under a code-sharing agreement with United. Mesa said the deadline for extending the deal had passed, and it expects to exit from the service by the end of April 2010. According to Mesa's website, it currently operates 58 regional jets and 10 turboprop planes for United under the United Express brand."
Cranky Flier author Brett Snyder has perhaps the most comprehensive post on the story, writing that United's move reflects that the market now has a glut of 50-seat regional jets operating for U.S. airlines, which had been acquiring them at a breakneck pace over the past 15 years. Now, Snyder writes, "it's just that there are too many of them out there, so they end up flying in really dumb markets where they don’t make any money. That's why airlines are racing to get rid of them as fast as they can." (See the full Cranky Flier post for more details.)
As for Mesa, AviationWeek notes besides United, Delta is also trying to scrap its regional contract with the company, though that effort is currently tied up in the court system. AviationWeekwrites that it has "also has discovered that Mesa, in a note to employees detailing the loss of the two United contracts, said it had stopped ground training while it evaluates its fleet plan and staffing requirements."
The Cranky Flier notes a second-quarter statement from Mesa in which the company warned the possible termination of the United leases constituted a severe risk. Snyder puts the language of the filing in layman's terms, writing that he thinks Mesa is saying it will be in trouble if it can’t find a new contract to operate the plans or if it cannot renegotiate other leases or raise more cash. "Things are not looking rosy for Mesa at all," Snyder concludes.
Don't forget you can follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/TodayInTheSky.

Well maybe if Mesa was cheaper they could keep this flying. I am sure the employees could take a pay cut to keep their jobs. Mesa employees have had to do it before I am sure they could do it again.:cool:

Latest resources

Back