• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More latter day saint squid tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A loophole created in the tpa without the Asa pilots knowledge.

Another loophole. Our contract is FULL of loopholes. Not sure why we pretend we are better off than a non union carrier

I have no doubt that if we were non union we and Skyw would get pay and benefit cuts with no say.

I'm not thrilled with alpa, but I would not work here without representation.

I have no doubt that if we were non union we and Skyw would get pay and benefit cuts with no say.

I'm not thrilled with alpa, but I would not work here without representation.

Yep, Because SKYW cut pay and benefits ALL THE TIME before they bought ASA and ExpressJet!

Six of the EV/ AS planes were transferred in violation of our cba which makes the Skyw pilots flying them...
The pilots flying them....
Ok CBA 101, you have a CBA with your company, if your company violates your legally recognized CBA, your beef is with your company. While you may hate SKYW pilots, the company that you have your CBA with did this, the only SKYW pilot jamming the corncob into your tater is BH, and we hated that evil dwarf long before you even knew who he was. Some of your guys had a mancrush on him when he came over to your sweatshop.
But, by all means don't let reality get in the way of your frustration.

Yep, Because SKYW cut pay and benefits ALL THE TIME before they bought ASA and ExpressJet!

I've only heard that they have cut benefits (which is compensation) and work rules. Is that not true?

Ok CBA 101, you have a CBA with your company, if your company violates your legally recognized CBA, your beef is with your company. While you may hate SKYW pilots, the company that you have your CBA with did this, the only SKYW pilot jamming the corncob into your tater is BH, and we hated that evil dwarf long before you even knew who he was. Some of your guys had a mancrush on him when he came over to your sweatshop.

That's always been the convenient reality. Maybe he was going for complicit?

Last edited:

It's a much different environment now. The company wants concessions from us that they would gladly impose if we werent organized. and didn't you lose the ppo? How much say did you have in that? That would only be the beginning if xjet being organized didnt carry a little leverage in your favor.

I'm not complaining nor bitter over the situation. Im where I want to be for now and if I was at Skyw I wouldn't organize with things the way they are. I'm simply explaining the situation as it is.

The fact is all three pilot groups should start talking for the best interest of all pilots at Skyw,inc before the they really figured out how to get us all working against each other, as they've already demonstrated they want to do.

Last edited:

The pilots of all three pilot groups were unaware of what happened. Skywest,Inc on the other hand pulled what IMO was a Lorenzo-type move. By our cba ten crews should've gone with the six planes that went to Skyw for the phx ops with full seniority based on doh. The tpa changed that. I think the reason the change was made was to not anger the Skyw pilot group to the point of organizing themselves.

The fact is all three pilot groups should start talking for the best interest of all pilots at Skyw,inc before the they really figured out how to get us all working against each other, as they've already demonstrated they want to do.

The SAPA reps have met with ASA/XJT ALPA at least once or twice, if not more. And the officers of all three have also been meeting as well, in person or by phone. All of this has been happening since Skywest bought XJT. Nothing that we can see has come about any of these meetings.

The pilots of all three pilot groups were unaware of what happened. Skywest,Inc on the other hand pulled what IMO was a Lorenzo-type move. By our cba ten crews should've gone with the six planes that went to Skyw for the phx ops with full seniority based on doh. The tpa changed that. I think the reason the change was made was to not anger the Skyw pilot group to the point of organizing themselves.

Dream on cupcake. "Take your By our CBA" YSIW, Outta here! Get your ship in gear and actually make some positive cash. Asking for a handout like a charity case? Do you want a free Obama phone too? Times have changed. Hard work and effort actually get you places in the world and PHX flying too.

Let's just at least keep exactly what we have and not give up one damn thing. Start there and focus on important work rule improvements. Money does ya no good if you die from exhaustion and irritability.

Latest resources

Back