More good news for SWA info junkies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

qxeplt

Southwest Airlines Connects the Dots With More Nonstop Flights; Airline Adds Flights in Key Markets With Discounted Fares
Thursday December 19, 11:00 am ET

DALLAS, Dec. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV - News) continues connecting the dots on its route map by introducing nonstop flights between the following key cities beginning April 6, 2003.
Two daily nonstop flights between Phoenix and Detroit.
One weekend-only flight between Reno and Burbank.
One weekend-only flight between Reno and San Diego.
The airline also will add one daily nonstop flight each way between the
following cities:
-- Between Baltimore/Washington and Austin (for a total of two daily
roundtrips).
-- Between Baltimore/Washington and Phoenix (for a total of five daily
roundtrips).
-- Between Baltimore/Washington and San Antonio (for a total of two daily
roundtrips).
-- Between Baltimore/Washington and West Palm Beach (for a total of
four daily roundtrips).
-- Between Chicago Midway and Houston Hobby (for a total of three daily
roundtrips).
-- Between Phoenix and Raleigh-Durham (for a total of two daily
roundtrips).

"In today's economy, business connections mean everything. At Southwest, that means it's not what you know, but where you go," said Joyce Rogge, Southwest's senior vice president of marketing. "By connecting the dots, we're adding service to places our Customers want to go."

Southwest is offering a discounted fare of $99 each way for the daily nonstop service between Detroit and Phoenix available for purchase now through April 6, 2003. The airline is offering a fare of $59 each way for the nonstop service between Reno and Burbank or San Diego available for purchase now through April 12, 2003. Both fares are good for travel on the nonstop service only through the end of Southwest's published schedule (currently June 6, 2003). Tickets must be purchased at least seven days prior to departure and within one day of making reservations. Roundtrip purchase and an overnight stay are required. Seats are limited and may not be available on some flights that operate during peak travel times, such as Easter weekend. Tickets are nonrefundable, but unused tickets may be applied toward the purchase of future travel on Southwest Airlines (except for tickets purchased through the Southwest Airlines Group Tickets program). Fares do not include a federal segment tax of $3 per takeoff and landing. These fares also do not include airport-assessed passenger facility charges of up to $9 roundtrip or federal September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 roundtrip per person. Fares are subject to change until ticketed, and any change in itinerary could result in an increase in the fare.

Southwest Airlines is the nation's fourth largest carrier in terms of Customer boardings. The airline serves 59 airports in 58 cities in 30 states and operates nearly 2,800 daily departures nationwide.

www.southwest.com

Training

qxeplt,

That's very encouraging news for all poolies. Maybe we'll see more frequent classes with more new-hires in each class.

A quick question for you SWA guys since I know you'll read every post on this board that has anything to do with SWA.

I'm positioning from BWI to LAX Saturday and was unable to get one of the nonstops since they were sold out. Last time I flew I found out that being first in line at the gate an hour before departure no longer guarantees me the first boarding group, since boarding cards are now issued at the ticket counter. Getting stuck in group "C" and the resultant middle seat for a six hour flight was a painful learning experience.

Now I'm connecting through BNA with 2+ hours to kill. Just wondering if I can get a boarding pass at a cusomer service desk more than an hour before departure time, or would I have to depart the secured area and go to the ticket counter to avoid getting stuck with a "C" group boarding card.

Thanks,
Brad

Last time I flew SW I had an E ticket. The machine gave me an A bording pass. At the gate, people started lining up 45 mins prior to departure as a herd, not according to priority. Try the E ticket or the ticket counter.

The kisosk(sp?) can give you boarding passes 4 hrs before departure.....you need to have a Rapid Reward card or a credit card with your name on it!

The boarding goups are divided among the curb, ticket counter and gate. It just dependes on how many people go to which spot. 45 min before may get a B at the ticket counter and somebody else may get an A 15 min before at the gate. There is no way too tell before you get there.

Latest resources

Back