Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TX_Pilot

Prowling for BBQ....
I've been reading the posts on Freedom Air and was wondering where these guys are going to be flying? I'm unclear on the existence of Freedom Air. Is the airline created to operate the -700's and -900's for HP or for any Mesa codeshare partner? I finally found the website and saw that it's headquarters are near DFW. Are they going to be flying out of DFW!? No info on routes though. All of us here in West Texas are just trying to find out a little info. on these guys since we have not seen much in the news about them. I was just curious which airline's name is going to be on the side of those CRJ's. Enlighten the uninformed! Thanks

Somebody correct me if I am wrong...

Mesa was setting up DEN as the base for Freedumb.

They have a class going right now and several instructors from Mesa are teaching the classes. I do not know if they actually have any 700 or 900 on the property yet. Originally the 700 and 900 were going under HP and frontier's colors, but I think HP put a stop to it.

Regardless, they will undoubtably take away some MESA flying before giving Mesa pilots a contract they deserve!

PHX for the base. CRJ-700 to be flown as America West Express as part of Mesa Air Group. (AWA has no scope). 20 CRJ-700, 20 CRJ-900 with options for 20 more. (each type) Internal strife within Mesa Air Group makes Freedom a non-viable option. They are not presently hiring line pilots off the street. Freedom is an Alter-ego airline. Non-ALPA. Pilots now employed/training with Freedom are Mesa Airline crossover pilots. Pilots are known as "Strike Breakers" not scabs.

Freedom sounds good to me, is there a specific address that we can send resumes to?

Im excted about the chance to move out west again to PHX.

Oh, I fly for Allegheny so it is quite allrght for me to apply to Freeedom for a flying position...

Thanks for any info

:D

I have a question that I can't do without asking any more.

What do you all see as different between Freedom and Mid Atlantic Airlines? Why is one a "good deal" and the other a part of the evil empire?

FREEDOM AIRLINES, ALPA is fighting it. But is the same as MID ATLANTIC an ALTER EGO AIRLINE. The difference is the way they were created. One get ALPA blessings the other not. At the end they are the same. SCAB AIRLINES, because their only purpose is to take decent union jobs away from loyal union workers.

It has happen before, remember New York Air, People Express and yes, Continental. We allowed it to happen and that is why we are where we are now.

Our union is going to be involved in more law suits and eventually the lawyers are going to take our dues away is up to us to stop it now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back