Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More disturbing news? USAIR bankrupt by the end of the weekend?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jimEJet

Have been reading several articles stating the carrier may be filing this weekend due to the 110 mil pension payment due on the 15th?

I wish each and every one of you the best. Just a shame what has happened over there. It's completely unbelievable what concessions you guys and gals have given up already and they still want more blood from you. I can see how desperate some of the pilots outside PHL and PIT have become, it is to be expected in such a stressful time. I can understand it when guys want to feed their families.

It's definitely not an easy situation to be in. I applaud the guys and gals who have said: "... enough is enough, we have given all we can."

Good luck to all of you. I have been through all this three short years ago with Midway. I know it is very stressful. And I know I had one tenth as much invested at Midway than you guys at USAir.

Truly is a shame what's happening to the profession we once called being a pilot. I know not one of us is immune to what's going on. The same depressing news from a good number of my friends from Midway now at Netjets and the latest joke of a TA, further cuts at Delta, all the furloughs elsewhere is completely a sad state of affairs in this profession I spent sooo long trying to get a foot in the door. I'm very lucky to be at SWA and cannot thank those that helped me enough. However, I wonder how long it will be before we are asked for concessions and increased utilization and a bigger share into contributing to OUR benefits. It's going to happen at SWA too if were competing against the likes of all the new entrants into the low fare war.

Independence-Virgin America-USA3000-

When is MESA going to get Airbuses?

We are racing to bottom for sure.

The reality is, in my opinion; there probably is no future in this profession anymore. It is in fact going to be left to those guys and gals who will crawl over each other’s corpses to fly an Airbus or a Boeing for $70K per year with no RIGS and no quality of life just to do what they always dreamed of. Little did they know, once upon a time, of how good things once were to be an airline pilot or any pilot for that matter.
It's amazing to me how 75 years of contract negotiations have evaporated in the last three years. Poof, pensions are going away, quality of life already is, and the big dollar jobs are on their way out.

I guess the only way to truly enjoy this job now, is to consider it a part time gig. And just make sure that WHEN you lose your job in the near future you haven't been counting on that measly paycheck you've been receiving.

I truly feel blessed to be at one of the only remaining strong holds of a decent flying job and I am not afraid to work 80 hours a month for it, however. I am not naive enough to realize what I have today could be gone tomorrow.

(POOF)

GOOD LUCK ALL

WE ALL NEED IT!!

Jim

You're right it doesn't make sense. It would have to be a subsidiary of Mesa, like, uh, North American Express. To make the operation feasable, the pilots will accept Mesa CRJ900 or, uh, I mean CRJ200 rates.

It's got to start somewhere...

CX, DL and US Airways share the same hotel in SPL - in the Hague - and yesterday morning, I was amazed as a US Airways senior purser, still in uniform, starting handing over handsful (literally) of premium class chocolates and toiletries (emblazoned with the US Airways logo) to the ladies behind the front desk at the hotel.

I know these are nickel and dime items, but clearly there is a serious reality perception issue here. What's the point in all the employees giving back years of hard won concessions just to have another misguided individual give away tens, twenties or even hundreds of dry store items that will have to be replaced eventually?

I said something like "weren't you just in bankruptcy or something?" and her response (thinking I was a DL pilot) was "you are too!"

Something bad going on in the ranks fellas.

Well, if the purser doesn't give it away, the management will take it to their million dollar house.....

MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE
September 10, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, September 10th, with one new item.

The MEC convened its special meeting in Pittsburgh today at the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt Hotel. Approximately 150 pilots attended the meeting with about forty pilots addressing the MEC in open session. The frank and honest dialogue between the pilots and the MEC lasted almost four hours.

During the course of the meeting, the Negotiating Committee received word that the Company had sent them a proposal for consideration. The MEC reviewed the proposal in open session and discussed strategy in closed session. A motion was passed redirecting resumed negotiations with the company. Talks could resume as early as tomorrow. The Company’s proposal is now posted on the pilots only home page under “Negotiating Committee Information.” The MEC resolution and the Negotiating Committee response will soon be available on the pilots only homepage.

A discussion of current communications concerns, strategy, and operations was also conducted. The MEC was briefed on committee preparations to address multiple scenarios.

The meeting adjourned at 7:30pm.

Prior to adjournment, the MEC reiterated their unified commitment to continue their efforts to obtain the best possible agreement for the US Airways pilots during these Transformation Plan Negotiations.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

Cpt. Underpants said:
CX, DL and US Airways share the same hotel in SPL - in the Hague - and yesterday morning, I was amazed as a US Airways senior purser, still in uniform, starting handing over handsful (literally) of premium class chocolates and toiletries...
Purser? Like the guy on the train in that comes around and takes your money? USAirways has those?

LearLove said:
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE

September 10, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, September 10th, with one new item. . . . .

Prior to adjournment, the MEC reiterated their unified commitment to continue their efforts to obtain the best possible agreement for the US Airways pilots during these Transformation Plan Negotiations. . .[/QUOTE]

Uh, say what?!?!?

I think he meant to call him another name that started with a "P", but he was holding his tongue between his fingers when he said it so it sounded like purser.

Latest resources

Back