• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who cares what planes are at the gate - your company thought it would be a brilliant move to house, what, something like 14 planes and run all the passengers through two doors in the terminal? I wouldn't compare the chaos that is JFK to substituting a Falcon with a QS on the tail for a Falcon with an EJ on the tail, but that's just me. :)

Look, I don't care what Travel and Leisure Magazine says. You do, but I don't.....

And therein lies the problem ... unfortunately your management seems to have the same attitude. I'm proud to fly for Netjets and of the brand. I'm proud to work for a company that is consistently ranked at the top of the industry. I'd be ashamed if I couldn't even make the top 10 ..

I don't know how you can talk such false bravado about your company while you clearly ignore the complaints of your customers.

Our owners know we airline at the beginning and end of our tours. I have no problem telling them its the worst part of the job. I don't hesitate to tell them that "the pilots of Netjets airline, so you don't have to!"

But keep your head in the sand General and keep up the crappy service - in these turbulent times I appreciate the job security.

Guys, the General doesn't know squat about our business so there's no reason to keep feeding the troll. You kind of have to be on the inside of a company to know anything about where it's going. So trusting the General's take on Netjets would be like trusting my take on Delta. Except, oh yeah, my wife is a PILOT at DELTA. A NERD actually. Never Ever Really Delta. Hey General, why don't you PM me your employee number so she can avoid you on her next bid?

Enough school girl bickering... Netjets is better than Delta, No Delta is better...

Instead of everyone slamming each other over and over with pointless bickering, let's just recognize that restructuring is required to bring costs in line with projected revenues at Netjets... Times have changed and a new Sheriff is in town. This new Sheriff also wants to eventually lead Uncle Warren's empire and he has something to prove - he wants to prove that he can put Netjets' fiscal house in order.

The point is that the revamped Netjets (post restructuring) will likely be in a great position to excel going forward. As the economy returns to normal, hopefully more and more furloughees will return to a better-run operation. That's the point. Short-term pain for long-term gain.

Peace out.

I thought that's what this thread was about, anyway. NJA should be in a better position after they clean house. Hopefully they didnt just blow a great chance to gain market share with the small rebound we are seeing, but they are still overstaffed I think so there is still room to add new owners even after the 495 are off property. As has been said before, time will tell.

Guys, the General doesn't know squat about our business so there's no reason to keep feeding the troll. You kind of have to be on the inside of a company to know anything about where it's going. So trusting the General's take on Netjets would be like trusting my take on Delta. Except, oh yeah, my wife is a PILOT at DELTA. A NERD actually. Never Ever Really Delta. Hey General, why don't you PM me your employee number so she can avoid you on her next bid?

Yeah, OK, and how about my credit card numbers too? Whatever dude.....I am soooo glad everyone has to be on the "inside" of the company to know what is going on at Netjets. Hmmmm, let me guess, you are furloughing because of your huge profits? Riiiight. Things are a changing, and even you (the NJA expert) can't refute that. That is my point here, nothing less. You guys thought you were invincible (Capt Dad thought so anyway) and it looks like that just isn't the case. And, tell your wife "welcome to Delta." Remember, the NWA management is now running the show, which means anything she doesn't like, she knows where to point the finger. BTW, I fly the 7ER to Europe usually during weekdays.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Yeah, OK, and how about my credit card numbers too? Whatever dude.....I am soooo glad everyone has to be on the "inside" of the company to know what is going on at Netjets. Hmmmm, let me guess, you are furloughing because of your huge profits? Riiiight. Things are a changing, and even you (the NJA expert) can't refute that. That is my point here, nothing less. You guys thought you were invincible (Capt Dad thought so anyway) and it looks like that just isn't the case. And, tell your wife "welcome to Delta." Remember, the NWA management is now running the show, which means anything she doesn't like, she knows where to point the finger. BTW, I fly the 7ER to Europe usually during weekdays.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't work for NJA. I work for NJI which you could have discerned by my profile but you don't even understand the difference because you don't understand our business. And yes, things are changing. It's the cornerstone of capitalism: creative destruction. And guess what? NJA and NJI will be profitable in 2010. We'll wait for the SEC filings to see how much your beloved Delta LOSES next year.

And BTW, she hates the uniform. Oops. Have to point the finger at DELTA for that one. After all, we know why Delta guys like the hats: it hides the circumcision scar.

Happy Holidays. I'm out on this one.

I don't work for NJA. I work for NJI which you could have discerned by my profile but you don't even understand the difference because you don't understand our business. And yes, things are changing. It's the cornerstone of capitalism: creative destruction. And guess what? NJA and NJI will be profitable in 2010. We'll wait for the SEC filings to see how much your beloved Delta LOSES next year.

And BTW, she hates the uniform. Oops. Have to point the finger at DELTA for that one. After all, we know why Delta guys like the hats: it hides the circumcision scar.

Happy Holidays. I'm out on this one.

Thanks for the clarification. (Already knew that) When do the lists merge between NJI and NJA? Pretty soon, I bet. Will you go to a Beechjet? You might. Oh wait, they will be parked, along with the BBJs. That will affect you--- Losing the largest aircraft (BBJ) will rain stuff down upon you. Will you be profitable in 2010? You mean when you sell all of your Encores and other smaller jets at a loss? Maybe cancelling the $2.6 billion order for Hawker 4000s will help you achieve that profit? Heck, why don't you sell half the fleet, and you will show a profit! That's the ticket....Your new CEO seems to have an URGENT need to slash and burn things there. Do you get that feeling, or am I wrong along with the press?

Delta had a tough year with hedges, and would have been profitable without them. Next year looks a lot better, and our cash position is better than most (a lot better than Netjet's). So, your wife hates the DL uniform, eh? Doesn't like the Navy look? Women don't really look great in the double breasted uniform anyway, and that was approved by the CEO himself, a product of NWA. I am sure she will come to love the new "family". Have a great Holiday Season.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Last post on this topic General:

You have displayed your ignorance once again. NJI and NJA will complete seniority list integration in November 2010. Nobody is being displaced from their seat and will not be "going to the Beechjet." I actually move UP seniority (in relative terms) because of the integration. And nobody will be "raining down" on anybody from the BBJ. They will bid what their seniority can hold based on the fleet disposal language in the contract. If they want the G-Wiz, it will still be in the IV because of the LOA's in place. I won't see any of them for a couple of years.

The company is moving in the right direction. We will be operationally profitable in 2010. I doubt Delta will be.

Hey Private Lee The only thing I see you have time to fly is the Computer over 13,000+ post, Holy Cow

Latest resources

Back