Moisture to leave?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRAWDADDY

Anyone know if there's ANY truth/hope in the rumor that our illustrious presidente may be leaving in April to become Secretary of the Air Farce?
Is this just an early April Fool's Joke? I ain't been thru CMH in a while. Need to hear from someone with their ear to the ground up there in Buckeye country.

Momentarily clueless in the bayou.

That's a scary thought!

Your post reminds me to ask my husband about that rumor. If it's true he'll have a fit! He is disgusted with the the way BB has treated the pilots and recently refused to make his usual donation to the AF Academy Alumni Association, citing BB's position there as his reason. Secretary of the Air FORCE?! Perish the thought!

secretary of the Air Force is a Nothing job. I bet no one on the boards even knows the name of the current Secretary of the Air Force >> Unless you are in the Air Force

BB won't leave the money for that position

netjetwife said:
Your post reminds me to ask my husband about that rumor. If it's true he'll have a fit! He is disgusted with the the way BB has treated the pilots and recently refused to make his usual donation to the AF Academy Alumni Association, citing BB's position there as his reason. Secretary of the Air FORCE?! Perish the thought!
W. W. Boisture, Jr. was selected for Secretary of the Air Force once before, in 2001. He declined the position because he felt he had not yet accomplished all that he had set out to do at Gulfstream. Bill was an O-6, F-15 pilot in the Air Force and at Gulfstream flew his own Citation on business trips; he was also qualified in the Gulfstream. Just as we were all once part of a corps of officers, Bill feels the same kinship with pilots. Pilots are important to Bill; the Gulfstream Flight Department reported directly to him and he would always take the time to bring the pilots up to his office or come down to Flight Ops for their input and to keep them in the information loop. When Engineering tried to capture Flight Test, he wouldn't let it happen. Loyalty is also important to him, and for Bill, loyalty is a two-way street. Everyone has a performance-based relationship with Bill, but if you work for him he will go to the mat for you. If Bill called me today for a favor, I would drop whatever I was doing to help him out.

GV

I hope it's true but think he'll be here long enough to turn off the lights.

BTW Craw Daddy, luv your signature. How appropriate! Baaah! Baaah! Three Bags Full!!

GVFlyer, Bill left the Air Force as a Major--O4 and didn't stay until retirement. The year of his departure (1978) also makes it unlikely that he flew the F15. My information comes from the USAFA Alumni Directory. He was listed as a senior pilot.

His business savvy is not questioned by the pilots at NJ; his loyalty to them certainly is, however. A two way street you say? Not lately. It'd be hard to find a more one-way contract than the defeated (by 82%) TA that was negotiated on Boisture's watch. Performance-based relationship? Is he blind? I challenge you to find a harder working group of pilots than those at NJA. And as far as his going to the mat for them, an old saying comes to mind--with friends like that who needs enemies? Here's another one for you--actions speak louder than words. The company has refused to give holiday pay to the pilots that will be flying on Xmas because it falls on a Saturday. Kinship with pilots?! THEY don't think so!

Note: To all the other hard working pilots out there, I'm not saying that the NJ pilots are doing MORE than everyone else, but they definitely aren't doing less, and certainly should be paid far more than they are, as should the rest of you in similiar situations. The injustice of it all fills me with bitterness...

Nj Wife

WHy doesn't your husband go get another job? He's gone from flying an F16 to an XL?? That seems lame. He should try to get a job flying a big, fast jet, making real bucks. He could go corporate (like me), or could go charter. WOn't get all the hard days off, but will work less, fly a bigger plane, and make way more money.

Ace

netjetwife said:
GVFlyer, Bill left the Air Force as a Major--O4 and didn't stay until retirement. The year of his departure (1978) also makes it unlikely that he flew the F15. My information comes from the USAFA Alumni Directory. He was listed as a senior pilot.

His business savvy is not questioned by the pilots at NJ; his loyalty to them certainly is, however. A two way street you say? Not lately. It'd be hard to find a more one-way contract than the defeated (by 82%) TA that was negotiated on Boisture's watch. Performance-based relationship? Is he blind? I challenge you to find a harder working group of pilots than those at NJA. And as far as his going to the mat for them, an old saying comes to mind--with friends like that who needs enemies? Here's another one for you--actions speak louder than words. The company has refused to give holiday pay to the pilots that will be flying on Xmas because it falls on a Saturday. Kinship with pilots?! THEY don't think so!

Note: To all the other hard working pilots out there, I'm not saying that the NJ pilots are doing MORE than everyone else, but they definitely aren't doing less, and certainly should be paid far more than they are, as should the rest of you in similiar situations. The injustice of it all fills me with bitterness...

I don't know the man, but I'd like to point out that both Netjetwife and GVFlyer could be correct.

He could be the best boss in the world if you personally report to him and the most ruthless cutter of costs and SOB if you are one of thousands of employees many levels below him.

Again, I don't know any specifics (both of you could be wrong, also!), just pointing out that these are not mutually exclusive roles. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

some_dude said:
I don't know the man, but I'd like to point out that both Netjetwife and GVFlyer could be correct.

He could be the best boss in the world if you personally report to him and the most ruthless cutter of costs and SOB if you are one of thousands of employees many levels below him.

Again, I don't know any specifics (both of you could be wrong, also!), just pointing out that these are not mutually exclusive roles. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Sources say that he was fired from Gulfstream because he was 'doing' his assistant. Big cover-up.

Some Dude, I think you could be summing up the situation quite accurately. It wouldn't surprise me. There are businessmen who are friendly, even coming across as Mr. Nice Guy on a personal level, but have no problem making ruthless decisions that negatively impact the lives of the very people that found him so charming. There is something that I am NOT wrong about. My husband did have very high hopes that Boisture would demonstrate that kinship GV spoke of. He is so disappointed that he'd welcome his departure.

Ace, my husband says the Excel is a fun plane to fly and he likes his job duties. We're hopeful that a good/fair contract will be won by the pilots. When we discussed corporate flying, he cited the lack of security as a big problem. Many companies have decided to shut down their flight depts and become NJ customers, instead. Additionally, there is the problem of the 2 yr training contract that hew hires must sign. His is not quite finished. Another NJ pilot that I've exchanged emails with has taken your advice though. EB seems to be happier now; he had gotten too disgusted and bitter to stay. I'll say it again, many good pilots were lured there with empty promises. The pilot force is now demanding fair treatment and respect. If that isn't forthcoming, watch for others to follow EB's example of posting a farewell on the NJ board.

In the meantime, please cheer the NJ pilots on. The stand they are taking is important to the whole industry. NJW

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE PAID AS SUCH

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

Latest resources

Back