• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Misdemeanor question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ready2Fly is TheGuat, Rhoid, IHaveAPension, LucyFurr, E170GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, GuppyKiller, TheMissingLink, ABXpert, UPSer, RJDC, OUT, 410Dude, BR549, FreightNazi....etc...etc... Ignore anything and everything he has to say. He has been "permanently" banned over 20 times yet continues to come around just to annoy people. Swat this fly.

I don't think it's gonna take "many thousands of dollars" to clear this thing up. Maybe .5-1.0 hours explaining to a lawyer what you did, and what you now want him to do. Maybe .3-.5 hours preparing a motion, and another .3-.5 presenting it to the Judge (assuming he can have it heard on a day when he has other business before the court). If you're working for a 135 operation, you're probably not making any money, so he ought to cut you a break on the billing. Besides, since your goal is to become an airline pilot, he knows he's gonna be first in line to get your business when the inevitable divorce, DUI, or bankruptcy comes along.

I know that the hiring process at any airline can be fickle at best. But while I've never served on any pilot hiring committees, if I did, and a guy like this came along, looked me in the eye and admitted that he'd made a mistake for which he was profoundly remorseful, I'd cut him some slack. This was a third-class misdemeanor, not a baseball bat attack on a homeless person. He didn't do time, he didn't pay a fine, he didn't even have to pick up trash on the roadside. Obviously, the both the prosecutor and tha trial judge felt that he wasn't a "menace to society," and that the probability of recurrence was low. If we're talking about how something like this affects his suitability to operate a complex, expensive piece of equipment, I'd be far more concerned with his driving record. At least there, history has shown some correlation between regulatory violations and safety.

An 18 year old kid gets a little wound-up on grad night and takes out a mailbox. If silly stuff like that barred guys from aviation careers, there would never have been ANY astronauts, fighter pilots, or Federal Express.

Sounds like it was a mixed feelings about the subject. I got a call from regional company today with a class date offer. On the app it asked about the misdemeanor and I put it on there. During the interview I was asked about it by 2 different captains. One said to the other "how will this look on the background check?" the other said "nothing will come up." I told him exactly what happened and it seemed like both captains were cool about it.

good for you silver!

Congrats on the class date and if you ever need anything feel free to PM me.

cheers

flx 757 is TheGuat, Rhoid, IHaveAPension, LucyFurr, E170GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, GuppyKiller, TheMissingLink, ABXpert, UPSer, RJDC, OUT, 410Dude, BR549, FreightNazi....etc...etc... Ignore anything and everything he has to say. He has been "permanently" banned over 20 times yet continues to come around just to annoy people. Swat this fly.

LOL at this thread. I have a SIDA badge, if I can get one I'm sure you can get one. I was part of that wild jock crowd in high school and college (I wrestled D1 in college). I, no wait it was a "friend" that got our whole wrestling team banned from attending ANY on campus parties including frat parties. I won't go into any details of stuff, but a little mailbox baseball. Thats nothing. Try 200 or 300 mailboxes in night, not like we did that or anything. That kind of stuff is against the law you know.

Snakum said:
And I've spoken to two pilots personally, and know about one other one thru a long-time poster here, who will tell you about losing their airline jobs because they did exactly that.

Just as the FAA guy told me two Summers ago, and I keep repeating here once or twice per year ...

If you have EVER been arrested for ANY reason, at ANY age, and with ANY eventual outcome, no matter how long ago it happened ... now, post 9/11, it WILL show up when your potential airline employer gets the paperwork back on you. And if you're a private pilot it will show up if the FAA digs into your stuff for any reason. And when any pilot with a conviction checks NO in the box on the medical form because he was told it was "sealed" or "expunged", and then the FAA ever has any reason at all to run your federal arrest record (which they will do for next to no reason at all nowadays) you will be hauled into federal court. Count on it. The federal "blotter" has one or two records of pilots getting an active jail sentence in just the last couple years for doing it. They are NOT playing ... they will smoke you for it.

But you do what you want ... no skin off my butt.

Some FAA guy told our dropzone that we could use private pilots for flying jumpers at a non-profit skydiving club and additionally told us the plane ride to altitude was incidental to making a skydive. Those FAA guys say a lot of things.

You don't by chance have the name of this FAA guy handy or his phone number?

Ready2Fly said:
flx 757 is TheGuat, Rhoid, IHaveAPension, LucyFurr, E170GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, GuppyKiller, TheMissingLink, ABXpert, UPSer, RJDC, OUT, 410Dude, BR549, FreightNazi....etc...etc... Ignore anything and everything he has to say. He has been "permanently" banned over 20 times yet continues to come around just to annoy people. Swat this fly.

It didn't work as your previous banned usernames and it won't work now. Those who run the site know what is what and who is who. Trust me.

FN FAL said:
Some FAA guy told our dropzone that we could use private pilots for flying jumpers at a non-profit skydiving club and additionally told us the plane ride to altitude was incidental to making a skydive. Those FAA guys say a lot of things.

You don't by chance have the name of this FAA guy handy or his phone number?

I'm not talking about some idiot at the local FSDO. This 'FAA guy' was a sworn Federal Law Enforcement officer in charge of all background investigations in the ATL region (NC, SC, GA, etc.).

How's MAC treating you?

silver02ex said:
Sounds like it was a mixed feelings about the subject. I got a call from regional company today with a class date offer. On the app it asked about the misdemeanor and I put it on there. During the interview I was asked about it by 2 different captains. One said to the other "how will this look on the background check?" the other said "nothing will come up." I told him exactly what happened and it seemed like both captains were cool about it.

You did the right thing and it worked for you. Congrats man!

Latest resources

Back