• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest is sold to TPG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just heard on the local news that Airtran can still come back with a higher offer, but I think at $17 this stock is way over priced. Plus JL said they accept Midwest decision and will move on.

all management are rats to some degree. ours simply proved it this week to the mec. i still think there will be limited growth here and good times ahead. once this is behind us we can focus on 2008 and obtaining a better contract.

i would imagine we will be a public company again within 3 years.

Can't wait to now see the new plans for Midwest. Not a lot you can do with low-volume cushy-seated 717s and a few MD80s. Acquiring new airplanes/aircraft types could take awhile for outfitting and training. Given that private equity firms like to see high returns within 3-5 years, I would expect further consolidation (merge with someone else) and then an eventual IPO to CASH OUT.

The Air Tran merger made much more sense strategically (same aircraft type, complementary routes) even though the aircraft interiors would have to be standardized. We'll see what happens now - fingers crossed............

I thought the deal was depending on the pilots extending their current contract. What's up with that? I saw that ALPA changed it's support for management.

Latest resources

Back