Midwest Express window?

AWACoff

Total Time
Does MidEx have a "window" for applications? I didn't notice anything on their website...just hiring mins. Thanks!

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
Don't they still have alot of guys on the street? That would render the point kinda moot.

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
Found it: From www.jethiring.com:

Midwest Express Airlines: The total number of pilot furloughs was reduced to approximately 105 (out of 408). Yes, 120 furlough letters were sent, however, several were rescinded. The dates of furlough / number of furloughees is:
72 on 11/1
32 on 11/15
No further furloughs are anticipated. No recall is anticipated (in the near future).

1800 RVR

Sitting reserve...
Total Time
Midwest Express does usually open windows for apps and resumes. Don't expect anything for a while. I would be surprised if they opened a window in the next 1 to 2 years. As for why I believe that: 105 (maybe 106) total furloughs; there were 33 recalls starting Feb. 1 going through April 15. The next batch of recalls pobably won't happen until late in 4Q, around the holidays. That still leaves a crap load of fellow pilots on the street. I'm getting close on recall, but I believe I'll surpass 1 year on furlough at least. This furlough probably won't be as bad as at the majors, but then again, look who we are talking about.... :eek:

AWACoff

Total Time
Thanks, I just wanted to know the protocol for applying. I'm sure Tim doesn't want me showing up at his office saying "I'm a pilot, hire me". Thanks again.