• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Middle East Booming: Emirates to Hire 4,500 More Staff Starting April

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm more of an in between on exiting. My general thoughtis to get the kids to college and then grab an Asian commuting contract (dare I say it as a DEC!). Would love to live in Japan over China some day and do Dumb Pilots gig for 3-5 yrs.

That said I could be a lifer here because it's ticked so many boxes and I'm really enjoying the experience as are my family.

I suppose the good news is if the hiring takes off and the US guys exit en masse (still don't believe that will happen, fwiw) then progress up the SNR list will be quicker.

fv

I don't see many guys leaving. It would be too much of a pay/lifestyle hit to go from living in base at 150k+ with 42 days vacation to go back to commuting on reserve at 30k with an uncertain future...certainly won't see 200+ bailing to go back to the states imho.

I don't see many guys leaving. It would be too much of a pay/lifestyle hit to go from living in base at 150k+ with 42 days vacation to go back to commuting on reserve at 30k with an uncertain future...certainly won't see 200+ bailing to go back to the states imho.

I agree. No plans to go back for me. I think for a lot of pilots it will
depend on the family situation.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, if you exceed 30, then they do blood tests, but it's not an end-game... though it could be for EK.

It's an end game...at 28 upwards to 30 they run glucose tests and put you on a mini diet then ask a retest....

anyone joining EK now is looking at a long upgrade. I would guess 10+ years. Unless you really like the idea of living in Dubai there are probably better options

anyone joining EK now is looking at a long upgrade. I would guess 10+ years. Unless you really like the idea of living in Dubai there are probably better options

Have their growth plans changed? I realize that the 380 orders have been postponed due to defect in wing design, but are the 777s and A350s still coming?

Have their growth plans changed? I realize that the 380 orders have been postponed due to defect in wing design, but are the 777s and A350s still coming?

380 deliveries continuing, training a bit backed up

I think its more of a matter of total airframes. Ek has around 180 now and to upgrade if you joined to day that fleet would need to nearly double. Lots of deliveries coming but also lots of aircraft retirements. I have no specific info however. You could probably do some research on pprune and general ek news to get a better idea. Attrition is not as high as one would expect.

Latest resources

Back